Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New customer slow fibre

13 REPLIES 13
The Don
Chatterbox

Hello my fibre is slow , I paid for 76 getting 40mbs down and 10 up and today when check router it Increased to 51 down and 11 up. Please can you set max down up rates . I have no noise and no telephone line connection

The world is flat
ferguson
Community Star

76 meg is the maximum sync rate available, what are your router connection stats showing? How far are you from your fibre cabinet, roughly?

The Don
Chatterbox

Screenshot_20190302-144010.jpg

About 200Meteres from cabinet, new build house with openreach connection box outside. No phone line connected only broadband with filter.

The world is flat
ferguson
Community Star

OK, are you connected to your master socket? No issues with the phone service? Do you know what your guaranteed minimum speed is?

Subject to all that I have flagged this up to the support team so that they can have a look from their end. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. In the meantime make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account.

The Don
Chatterbox
Yes I'm an engineer. All checks have been done
The world is flat
ferguson
Community Star

Cool, including the voice side?

Community Team

Hi The Don,

You are on an 80Mbps profile so your line profile isn't limiting your speed. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

The Don
Chatterbox

Hello Chris

How can I be on 80Mbs profile when my downstream rate is 51 on router? 

It was 40Mbs for the first week?

No noise on line etc 

The world is flat
Community Team

Hi The Don,

If you're on an 80Mbps profile then your router can sync at any speed up to 80Mbps depending on noise levels on your line. I was just pointing out the your line profile isn't capping your speed to 51Mbps

Chris

The Don
Chatterbox

Hello Chris 

How do I get my speed up, I heard your system monitors line for the first 14 days. 

I mean I'm get 10mbs upload when I should be getting 20, seems no point to be on the fibre

The world is flat
ferguson
Community Star

Upload speeds are limited to 1 meg with ADSL, so clearly 10 is a big improvement. Unfortunately these are not guaranteed.

Community Team

Hi The Don

Would it be possible to connect your router directly at the test socket for 48hrs without rebooting the router? We can then check to see if DLM increases the speed in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

The Don
Chatterbox
I have already done this with 4 days of uptime and no change, I think your DLM is responsible. Please force my connection at higher upstream and downstream rate.
The world is flat
Community Team

Hi The Don

Your line is in sync at 54.6mb.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie