Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New customer

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Visitor

Go live date of 23rd March and all I have is a phone that will only accept incoming calls, No faster fibre and no TV , and now told up to 72 hours to investigate, shocking start 

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Visitor

Day four now and still nothing, no contact at all from the experts who are looking into this, anybody available to give me some sort of update. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Tiffler1969 

I escalated this to the TalkTalk OCEs as promised, straight after my previous post. Hopefully someone will reply to you this morning or afternoon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tiffler1969,

I'm sorry about this, is your telephone still only accepting incoming calls, do you have a dial tone?

Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

Yes only incoming calls, dial tone is there, but when you try to dial a number we get a cut off tone, also no broadband or tv

Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks

How many telephone sockets do you have?

Does your master socket have a test socket? If it has, have you tested with your telephone connected to it

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

We have 2 sockets, neither have a test socket

Highlighted
Community Team

Do you have the telephone and router connected to the master socket via micro-filter?

If you have devices connected to both sockets do they both have micro-filters connected?

Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

52A35348-BBC9-4386-9616-683B2BA19AE0.jpeg

Highlighted
Visitor
Other one has nothing in
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks. There is a potential fault showing so I've raised this to BT Openreach as a non-appointed task, we generally would receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for update 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

This was reported on Monday, so the 72 hours is now up, I was simply looking for an update, also I assume I will not be paying for a service I am not receiving 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tiffler1969,

I'm sorry that it's taking so long to resolve, apologies for any inconvenience. Please see Auto Compensation Credit

Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

Update

Openreach have been out and checked all the wires and line, all good. It’s the router that is faulty 

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @Tiffler1969 please wait until tomorrow for oce to reply and get a router sent out to u.

do u have a spear router that u could use as some router u can set up to work on talktalk.

Just might be a delay in getting the router as some have found this from reading other posts

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Visitor

Well managed to get hold if a different type of talk talk router and guess what that does not work either , so no longer convinced it is the router, to say I am livid is an understatement. What next talk talk ??

Highlighted
Visitor

Anybody available to help me, now entering the 5th day since go live date, and still nothing working 

Highlighted
Insightful One

@Tiffler1969 Hi u will need to wait as each time u post in here it moves ur topic to the bottom of the list they work by old to new type thing

OK Have u go a working phone line as in a dial tone if not then ur not live at the cabinet or the exchange

talktalk do have to wait for bt optec to do it and they have having a high work load and may be short on staff.

Please wait might get a reply today or next week depends on work flow 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Tiffler1969

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault with the landline service. Do you have a dialtone, can you make and receive calls?

Thanks

Debbie