cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New fibre not working

3 REPLIES 3
Popular Poster

After a year of broadband dropping out almost daily, I have just upgraded to Fibre. Yesterday set up new hub around midday, about same time as service went live, and once settled down it worked all day. I was so pleased.

During night it went off. This morning I rebooted it and it came on for a little while, then it was intermittent for a little while before going off again.

Openreach did checks here and at exchange etc a few days ago and adjusted at exchange.

Any advice? Can someone report this? Thanks

ChanJ
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chanj,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Popular Poster

Phone line has a dial tone, but I get cut off every time I ring TTalk. 

I’m not sure if have test socket at wall. There’s only one hole to connect on outside and another inside of socket which I think may be test one.

I did get internet on afternoon Fibre service went live. Next day not working and unable to contact anyone on phone, just the recorded voice then cut off. I had internet for about 2 hours in evening after using old router for a little while then changing back to old one and rebooting. But gone again in morning. I was trying to get through to chat service to ask for help but I can’t connect to chat service as my new router is not recognised by TT (message on screen) and When I tried to phone yesterday was held in queue until told TT closed. It’s frustrating as I may need to cancel if can’t be fixed and the cooling off period is almost over. How can I contact to cancel if I can’t connect to anyone? There’s not enough time to use postal service. Is there an official email address that picks up mail? 

PS this message obviously is sent using someone else’s internet. And I have to go now.

If it’s possible for someone to phone me, preferably mobile (number on file) that would be easier, thanks

ChanJ
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chanj,

Apologies, we wouldn't be able to call as we provide support via our Community. Does your master socket look like the below? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket please?

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks