Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New hub constantly connecting and reconnecting

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor

I joined TT recently and today (16th Sept) was my go live date.

My service went live about 2pm but the wifi-hub has been struggling to connect to the internet for more than about 2mins at a time before it goes through the whole reconnection process with the blinking amber light. I have checked the set-up and restarted the hub with no success.

Hopefully I can get this resolved soon and get back online.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi @Rachel_5 

Few things you could try 

1. Turn the router for 30 mins and see if a new connection stabilises the connection 

2.  See if you can run a Service Status check

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus

3.  Try connecting the Router to the Test Socket on the Master Socket

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Rachel_5 ,

In addition to the advice given by @speedygonzalez, can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect your router to the phone socket.

If you continue to have problems, then for one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rachel_5

I can see you are currently in contact with our colleagues, please let me know if they are able to assist.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE