Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New hub.

22 REPLIES 22
paulhic
Wizz Kid

I received a letter from talktalk today offering new deals and a new hub. I thought i would contact loyalty team about maybe getting a new hub as I have been a TT customer for years. They tried to get a new hub for me for free but to no avail. Why do only new customers get a new hub but those who have been with talktalk for years have to pay £60.I find it hard to swallow this charge so wont pay it. Nothing wrong with my hub except for all the lights but thought loyalty to a company would be appreciated. Just putting it out there why new customers get hub but long standing ones dont.

Paulhic
Highlighted
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @paulhic

If you are a fibre customer the cost should be £30.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
paulhic
Wizz Kid

No was told £120 down to £60 but that's besides the point, new customers get one free but customers who have been with the company for over 12 years have to pay. We should be getting one for nothing as a Goodwill gesture makes me think I might go to Virgin

Paulhic
fre55die
Community Star

@paulhic

I agree but saved £28 PM by switching package and got free hub.!! I was a "legacy" customer having not done anything since TISCALI days so I could walk away anytime !! New router giving 39 to 35 Mbs on speedtest. !!

I received this on 1 June !!

Dear Anthony,

We want your service to be as good as it can be and we’re always working to make it better. So we’ve invested even more in our unlimited broadband network; launched our best router yet, the TalkTalk Wi‑Fi Hub; helped our customers avoid scam calls with CallSafe; teamed up with O2 to launch great new mobile deals; and won Best Broadband, TV and Home Phone Provider in the 2018 uSwitch Awards. In order to keep doing this, we sometimes need to increase prices.

From 1st July 2018, your TalkTalk Plus TV, Fibre and phone package will go up by £1.50 a month. Any discounts you have will stay the same, as will your line rental.

If you’d like to find out more about these changes, please visit talktalk.co.uk/updates

But there’s a great opportunity you can take advantage of – a Fixed Low Price Plan.

A price that stays the same

If you’d like to move to a package with a Fixed Price Guarantee, why not look at our Fixed Low Price Plans? Unlike other major providers, they give you everything you already enjoy, along with the peace of mind that comes with knowing your broadband package won’t go up during the length of your contract. And you can add Boosts to customise your package.

And here’s the best part.If you upgrade before 12th July 2018 – it comes with our new Wi‑Fi Hub (worth £120) at no additional cost. It’s packed with the latest tech to bring you our fastest, strongest and most reliable Wi‑Fi connection ever – so you can enjoy a strong connection in more corners of your home.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

@paulhic

£30 deal is only available via the loyalty teams. 

paulhic
Wizz Kid

It was loyalty team I was chatting to and they said £60. I asked to renew my contract and they said that they tried to do that but couldn't. Sorry I asked them now because I feel they are more interested in new customers than old.

Paulhic
fre55die
Community Star

hI @paulhic

I have escalated this for OCE support

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

Have you tried changing through "My Account ?

fre55die
Community Star

@paulhic

I commented about the appaling service you seem to have received.

You are currently on a fibre deal aren't you ?

GerryMac
Philosopher
Itoo enquired about getting this new Hub as the HG633 Wireless signal is Hit/Miss. I only renewed at the beginning of April only to change it to Faster Fibre two weeks later. I asked for a new router and was told.."Your old one will do"

I agree with @paulhic that existing customers should get treated for their loyality....

Cheers..
YNWA-JFT 96

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @GerryMac

Have you tried contacting the loyalty team and arguing that you have just upgraded your package? If you have Fibre it is available for £30.

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

paulhic
Wizz Kid

Yes am on fibre plan

Paulhic
fre55die
Community Star

@paulhic

Have you also made sure that your profile shows PHONE number as OCE will only ask for it and will cause a delay if it's not in there !!

paulhic
Wizz Kid

Both phone numbers are there and thanks for all your help

Paulhic
Community Team

Hi @paulhic 

We need your landline number in your profile, (not your mobile) I can have a look at your account then. 

Thanks

paulhic
Wizz Kid

Done  thanks 

Paulhic
Community Team

Hi paulhic. you were eligible for the wifi hub. I've ordered one for you. Please let us know as soon as you receive it. 

paulhic
Wizz Kid

Thanks Ady really appreciate it.

Paulhic
paulhic
Wizz Kid

Hi day, just to let you know,I received the new hub yesterday and it's up and running and have noticed a great improvement at back of house upstairs.Thanks again. 

Paulhic
Community Team

Hi paulhic

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

DAVIDBUZZ2904
First Timer

Hi where you an existing customer like me who has been with talk talk for years.

And did you get the new WIFI Hub for free or did you have to pay £30 Its a bit of a joke as if your a new customer you get it for free 

D.Stewart DAVIDBUZZ2904