cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New line installed yesterday - High Ping

bev121
Participant

What does the amber symbol mean when I check my line from the My Account section of your website? I asked last week but never got an answer to this.

talktalk.png

Community Team

Hi bev121,

Sync speed is currently 68.7Mbps and interleaving is low

Sorry, I'm not sure what the amber symbol means as the speed is in the middle of the estimated range, if you hover over it does it give you any more information? 

Chris

bev121
Participant

Nothing appears when I hover the mouse over the amber symbol.

I'm going to connect my HG612 3B up to the line so I can see that stats myself. The ping is too high, consistently high, to be low interleaving.

The connection is useless. I haven't touched it in days. Barely used it since it was installed last week. It's only for gaming and it is currently useless for that.

Community Team

Hi bev121

Please can you run some pings and trace routes and post the results on this thread, I can then ask our Network Team to take a look at this.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Debbie

bev121
Participant

There already are pings and tracesroutes posted in the thread.

I connected up my HG612 3B. I have now discovered that I am connected to a cr*ppy ECI cabinent. Was previous connected to a Huawei cabinet. So no G.INP, only interleaving if we have issues with this ECI cabinet. Was able to also see my interleaving depth.

I also saw a number of errors that I didn't like, so I took off the master socket to see what the install was like. The master socket was only being held in by one screw. The installer did say he had issues getting the socket to go on. 

Turns out it was a bad install. He has cut both wires with the screw trying to get it on and they were making contact with the screw. I have corrected the intall and have re-attached the master socket. Will be switching the modem on in a few mins to check the stats  but with all the switching off and on, it may be days before I see what affect fixing the dodgy install has had.

I should not have to fix issues behind the master socket.IMG_20200114_135404762.jpg

Community Team

Hi bev121

Apologies for this.

We have to advise that any work completed on the master socket should only be done by a Openreach engineer. They maintain the line up to the test socket.

Thanks

Debbie

bev121
Participant

I know that. 

But you weren't taking anything I said seriously, so I had to investigate myself.

I told you from the beginning that it wasn't installed properly.