cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New order cancelled without notification?

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi there, 

I moved into a new flat so I ordered TalkTalk FastFibre to be set up in advance. I set up the router which arrived in the post and plugged it into the Openreach Master Socket, waiting for the internet to come live. 

However, at 17:59 today, the day it was meant to come live, I got sent an email saying "We're sorry to hear you're moving your services to another broadband provider" which is incorrect, and I had done absolutely nothing. Then, 6 minutes later I got an email saying "We've received notification from another provider, that you would like us to stop the cancellation of your TalkTalk service". Again, I had done nothing at all to warrant this...? 

An hour later I receive an email saying that my FastFibre was all set up ready to go, so I set up MyAccount.... and it says that my order has been cancelled. I've done nothing to cancel the order, nor do anything at all really, but now it looks like I won't have any internet. 

Please can someone explain to me why the order appears to have been cancelled, and can it be reinstated ASAP? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include either your home telephone number or order number, we will then be able to have a look at your account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi there, 

I've attached this information to the "biography" part of my account, can you confirm you can see the account number, order number and phone number (this is in my "number" section)?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

I can confirm your account has gone live, and is not cancelled, However it appears that you My Account is pointing at an incorrect order. 

I will need to report this to our My Account team so they can fix this.  

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne

Thanks for getting back in touch!

My account still incorrectly says that my order has been cancelled, is it possible to fix this by reporting it to the "My Account" team as you said? Thank you for this. 

I've been away from my home for last couple of weeks so can't check if the internet is working as it should be. Are you able to indicate whether my order will have correctly been fulfilled when I get back? 

Cheers,

Alex

Cheers,

Alex

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

Ill will chase up the My Account problem.  

Ive tested your line and the internet is on. 

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne

Unfortunately the internet doesn't seem to be up and running. My router is still flashing red, not white as expected. Are you sure that it's meant to be up and running? 

Best,

Alex

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne

Just to confirm details some more: 

1. On my router the amber light is flashing

2. I can find the wifi network but it won't let me connect. 

I have also now paid for internet since the 23rd of September but for none of this period has the wifi been correctly working. Is it possible to get a refund for this period? 

Is an option simply to place a new-order? I would try and do this but I am confused about how to cancel my previous order as everywhere it seems like it has already been cancelled. Can you advise on the best procedure for this?

If this can't be fixed in the next couple of days I will likely cancel my direct-debit and simply re-order the same fast-fibre order as before. However, as I am staying with TalkTalk (as opposed to moving which I could easily do) I would like a refund of the £30 I have already paid as this contract has not been fulfilled by TalkTalk. 

Cheers and thanks for helping so far,

Alex 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

It looks like there may be a fault on the line, Are you able to using the telephone ?

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne

We don't have a landline so we can't test this out, sorry!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

I have passed this out to Openreach as line tests are picking up a Line fault.

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Thanks for this, what does this mean? How can I track the process. 

I have decided to leave TalKTalk unless my internet is up and running by this Wednesday. I have now been charged for internet but have had no service for over two weeks. Given that according to TalkTalk my account has already been cancelled the only option left to me is to cancel my direct debit and to pursue a direct debit indemnity claim on the £30 that has already been withdrawn. 

Sadly I don’t feel like there is any prospect for TalKTalk fixing this issue so I will not be returning.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

I would advise against cancelling the Direct debit, this may cause more problems in terms of charges etc.   There is a line fault and we have asked an engineer to go to the exchange to fix it. 

We will calculate any compensation for loss of service once the fault is fixed. 

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne ,

The engineer came today and the problem was fixed. Thank you for arranging this, it's much appreciated. The internet is now up and running. 

However "My Account" still incorrectly says that my order is cancelled and displays no information. Is it still possible to resolve this?

In addition, how can we get the cost of 3 weeks of no internet refunded to us? 

Best,

Alex

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

Thanks for the update. 

We will look into the compensation for you.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @AlexLipp

Your Fault didn't fall into the auto-compensation rules, however a credit will be raised against your account , based upon your monthly charge, divided by the number of days the fault was ongoing for.

You will see this in the transaction history page on My Account. 

The My Account issue is still with the team, and I will post back once i get an update. 

Regards

Highlighted
AlexLipp
Popular Poster

Great, thank you very much for processing the credit. Much appreciated for all your help! 

Cheers, all sorted 🙂 

Highlighted
Community Team