Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New phone line

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I was seeing if I can get a new phone line installed to replace the one I have. I wanted it moved to a new point on my house. I`m willing to pay for this so not asking for freebie.I just wanted a new cable installed from the pole/cabinet to a new postion on my house (with new faceplate in house) My back garden is next to the BT exchange in my village so is not a big job really.But like I said its a straight forward new install of new cable/faceplate and I will pay for it.

Can it be done easy, if so how long a wait and how much (full price with vat)

Thank You

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @bigkenny 

The Openreach work of moving an incoming dropwire and fitting a new Master Socket in a new location in the property is called a Low Volume Request.  It's work that is fitted in with their other work in your area and is usually carried out within 2 weeks of request.

LVR Request : Relocation of Master Socket Required.

I don't see the pricing mentioned in the current TalkTalk Help article on Openreach Engineer visits but it used to be £128.40 including VAT.

Just double check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account, confirm the pricing and then if you confirm the go-ahead will place the request for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @bigkenny

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Highlighted

Hi @bigkenny

Our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer.

can you send me via a personal message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
so it can be done ok, can you confirm the cost.

I will have to see what dates I can sort out with work etc. I will be off line a week or more, work etc so I will pick up this thread on return, many thanks
Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Thanks for the info
Highlighted