Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New "phone line"

ferguson
Community Star

@Sidious wrote:

Yes they changed ours (the whole local area in fact), even though it was quite clear (no crackles or unhealthy noises) and didn't seem to be faulty in anyway (I was 15 years old then, though I'd love to say I hadn't been born at the time!).

Of course, it was a different time then - money and profits seem to be above all else nowadays (worse than some 20-30 years back)

Well that is quite different from one individual line being changed.

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Is it really

Gareth wigglesworth
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Naturally I'd like for the line to be replaced,but if it is not I will leave talktalk. I called to leave anyway. I'd much rather have left but they were so diplomatic how could I not accept. I also leave free of charge as my time with talktalk comes to an end.  So new line or not I consider it a win. And yet I feel I am being somewhat loyal in extending my patience for something to be done about it. It's a rocky relationship, one I hope doesn't end in divorce.

Gareth wigglesworth
martswain
Philosopher

Is this bit of greenery affecting your telephone service too ?

That's the first thing to ascertain.

If, as you say, your stats are fine then the buffering issues are due to lack of throughput, which would indicate a device, router or network issue.

If you are actually getting intermittent disconnections, that COULD be due to an old line, corrosion in joints or sockets etc.

One member recently had issues due to damp spiders webs in an external connection box on his home.

Martin
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Not owned a landline phone since 1998, so I'm not sure about that. It could be damp or damp spider webs. That sounds plausible. Thanks for your input 

Gareth wigglesworth
Community Team

Hi Gareth1986,

The engineer will just be to check that everything is OK and working correctly, they wont carry out any repair work unless there is a fault that requires remedial action.

Chris

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

Ok I understand. Thank you

Gareth wigglesworth
Community Team

Hi Gareth,

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any assistance.

Thanks

Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I'm just not certain why the openreach guy is coming around. I have an email saying when my services will go live and a new router will arrive. I have the services already and I have the new router. Not sure what it's all about. I asked for a new line that's all. Think there is a mix up somewhere. I'm getting welcome to talktalk letters through the door whilst having talktalk for months n months. 

Gareth wigglesworth
ferguson
Community Star

Because you are getting a new line, as arranged.

martswain
Philosopher

By the sounds of it, you have ordered a completely new line and will possibly end up paying TT for both !

Best of luck....

Martin
Gareth1986
Conversation Starter

I can confirm that the old line is indeed being taken out and a new one put in its place. I had it confirmed by a top guy via email. Thanks for your suggestions ideas and input guy's. 

Gareth wigglesworth
Community Team

Hi Gareth1986,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks