Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New router issues

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

My previous TalkTalk router was a Huawei HG635 but after 6 years it developed a fault and I was sent a new one from Sage.  First, unlike the Huawei, I can't see how to make a specific IP address static, which I could do previously without resorting to port forwarding.  Second, the new router let me add names to the first 7 wired devices, then stopped giving me any details on the individual IP addresses in the list (no MAC or IP address...) so no editing was possible.

This new Sage router seems a bit primitive so I'm wondering if it needs a firmware update.  Any ideas??

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @IonpM welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during Monday. You don't mention the firmware you have but a reboot should cause an overnight update. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks Divsec.  I will reboot the router later today and see if the firmware version changes overnight.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi IonpM

Apologies for the delay.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie