would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New router please

21 REPLIES 21
harvi
Wizz Kid

OCE Please.

Well it’s a few months on from the last series of issues, that end up (inevitably) being solved by a new router.

I’ve got an HG633 router. Needs turning off and on again every 30-40 days in order to maintain speed and stable connection. At times, if slow speed and loss of connection there is no red internet light and router stats  always show no issue. However problem is intermittent- few sounds at a time.
New face plate 6 months ago. 

I am getting used to this now, so please could you send out another router ‘for testing’

thanks

ferguson
Community Star

Do you have another router you could test with? Failing that, can you confirm that this persists when connected at the test socket and you are not aware of any noise issues on the voice side?

Subject to that I have flagged this up to the OCE, they won't be back online until Monday though.

Community Team

Hi harvi

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you ever tested with the DSL3782 router?

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

Hi,

I have previously tried that router, but found it decreased the connection speed significantly, the hg633 (when working) seems to get a faster connection.

Community Team

Hi harvi

Ok I will send a HG633 router, will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

Yes, that would be good

thanks

Community Team

Hi harvi

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

Hi

I plugged the new router in last night after the connection had been intermittent all day (red light). This morning there was no internet (red light then cycling through restart over and over). I did all the trouble shooting, restart and test socket. I reported the fault via live chat who referred to open reach for engineer ( no access to house needed). I got a text saying all fixed, but this lasted only about an hour.

I spent NINETY MINUTES on live chat going through pointless requests and repeatedly asked the same questions before being cut off. I reluctantly started another live chat to be advised an engineer had been booked to deal with the problem at the exchange. However the status check on the website said they were aware of an issue but needed me to access live chat!? Which I never, ever want to do again! 
please could you confirm an openreach engineer is dealing with this. Live chat did confirm but info in my account conflicts with this.

thanks 

Community Team

Hi harvi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The fault has been closed by Openreach. Is this fault still present at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

I can’t believe this. I reported a fault yesterday at 8am, which was referred to openreach - who said it was resolved; but it was not. I informed via text and live chat that issue remained. I was assured at 2pm yesterday AND about 2 hours ago, that an openreach engineer was working on it at the exchange. In the meantime I have no phone or internet. Please arrange an engineer urgently

Community Team

Hi harvi

Apologies for this.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket? I can then run another line test and progress this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

It’s in test socket now

Community Team

Hi harvi

Thank you. The line test is still detecting a possible fault so I have escalated this back over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

harvi
Wizz Kid

Ok, thank you.

Could you check on something else please. Last week I received an email stating if I renew contract for 24 months I’d get fibre with speed boost and a new WiFi router for £22.45. My account has extended the end date of my contract but I have received no email or letters re anything else. Could you check on this and delivery of new WiFi hub? Thanks

harvi
Wizz Kid

D9839B52-2C89-4BC7-8549-4041CB18545E.png

Community Team

Hi harvi

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

harvi
Wizz Kid

Hi 

the openreach engineer visited my house yesterday, he established the issue was due to the telegraph pole junction box - showing me a photo of a block of ice all around the wires. He has stabilised my connection this morning at 10am - which is now syncing to the router at 56mbps. This is 10mbps below contract minimum. He acknowledged this, and said this will not improve until work carried out on the pole is completed. 

I now have a functioning phone and internet, but speeds are not to contract minimum sync and that has been the case for over 48 hour and likely to continue.

I have also had a none functioning service for 36 hours, where I was forced to use expensive 4g mobile data. Please advise re what compensation you intend to make. 

Please also advise re previous query re new contract and Wi-Fi hub.

Community Team

Hi @harvi

Thanks for the update, What speeds are you seeing? 

I have requested a Wifi Hub to be sent out, It should be with you in a few days. 

In relation to compensation, you will need to follow our official complaints process to discuss it with a manager.  

Hope that helps.

harvi
Wizz Kid

Thanks.

I’ve attached a screen shot of speeds as of this morning. Currently 56. The engineer said these will improve when work on the pole is completed

62F262D3-B4C3-49E3-822B-9555427030AB.png

Community Team

OK thanks for the update.

Chris