cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New router, what user name and password do I need to joing the Talk Talk network?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have had to buy a new router as the cheap chinese crap one is only giving me unusable speeds.What user name and password do I need to joing the Talk Talk network?

Thanks

Bob Hatton
Highlighted
Sightseer
Thank you very much, I shall give that ago.
Bob Hatton
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bob

How are you getting on, do you need any further help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes I do please.

I have a Dray Tek Vigor 130 modem and that connects to the phone line all ok, but my router Asus RT-AC2900 will not connect through the modem.

There are lots of settings in the router that I do not know what they all should be set to.

Talk Talk say I do not need a user name and password but the router wants one, what do I do and what do I set all the other peramitors to?

Regards

Bob

Bob Hatton
Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you, I have seen that before but it is no help with the router I have as my router needs a user name and pass word for the phone line and about12 or more settings to be chosen, so still need help.

Bob Hatton
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bob,

If your router requires a username and password then you should be able to enter anything in there and it should connect as the router isn't queried for this in formation at our end

Chris

Highlighted
Sightseer

I now have the modem solid green light on the DSLworking, the router now has a white light on the WAN conection, no longer the red light, but still not able to get onto the internet.

Run a number of checkers and the all say contact my ISP.

It looks like everything is contected as it should be and is working but Talk Talk is not letting me in.

Is this a Talk Talk problem or mine?

What do I do next please?

Regards

Bob

Bob Hatton
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Did you select Automatic IP (DHCP) when setting up the router?

May also be worth updating the firmware on the router before anything as Asus have lots of pre-configured ISP settings.

Fritz

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hang on, start again but I'm working from memory here...Draytec in Bridge mode, then LAN to LAN (I think), then Automatic IP (or DHCP) on the router. Or if updated TT should be an option in the Quick Set on the router.

Fritz