cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New sign Up. What about my old supplier and direct debit?

5 REPLIES 5
Frogmella
Participant

I just signed up to TalkTalk. At no point was my current supplier mentioned. Does my old service get cancelled automatically? What about my old D/Debit? Do I need to take any action?

hosay299
Insightful One

@Frogmella Hi yes talktalk should do all the leg work and conact ur old isp and u should get a last bill from them when they do the account end.

a oce will reply here in a few days might be next week.,

best place to get help is on this site under the correct section.

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
martswain
Philosopher

As long as your old supplier in not Virgin, TT should request the transfer.

You are still liable for charges up until the transfer date, so you need to check your old ISPs terms regarding final payment before you cancel any payment methods.

Martin
Community Team

Hi @Frogmella

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

We do all the work in the transfer, but As a precaution I always advise new customers to contact their current provider to ensure that they can see the transfer to us just to be sure. 

Any further questions feel free to ask. 

Frogmella
Participant

It all happened automatically. Plusnet acknowledged the change over and have told me what will happen to my final payment.

Community Team