Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New to Talk Talk, but in need of a ton of help

9 REPLIES 9
Lost_and_Confused
Chatterbox

Hi there,

This is my first post at this community. My name is Jay and I wanted to thank anyone that could help with any of the issues I have in advance.

1) Myaccount Talk talk centre is showing up as I have CANCELLED faster Broadband, yet there is nothing showing up like that at the other end (thankfully.) Has anyone else experienced that?

2) The Openreach Engineers Put in one new box (an extension of the main box which has been rendered useless because it disables Broadband) plus they wouldn't reconnect the other boxes I had as they were only paid for an hour and 'it would take too long.' They bullied me into saying everything was OK without me being able to test it before they left. Told me to sign something. They also damaged the paintwork when drilling a hole

3) I now can use the phone to call out, but it doesn't ring if anyone calls me so it is a game of hit and miss if I can answer a call

4) I realise there are always going to be teething problems but just to elaborate on the problem in number 2 up there, I do have a line signal through the main box, but IF I connect a phone to it I lose broadband, therefore I cannot use it!

If anyone could help or advise I would be extremely grateful, as the missus never wanted to change from Virgin Media and she wont even talk to me now because of all this!

Jay
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Jay, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day.

The OCE team here are brilliant and will get you sorted. They have the ability to check your line and make adjustments.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Lost_and_Confused
Chatterbox

Thanks Divsec, that's good to know.

Jay
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

There are a couple of issues here so lets go through them.

I've had a look at the account and that looks fine.

Looking at the broadband that looks fine. All tests are clear and speeds around 38mb.

Line tests are also clear but the AC balance is a little low.

Now before we can take things further, I just need to see if the issue with the calls is something to do with the external line or the way the internal sockets are connected.

Can you check if your master socket - where the line comes in, has a Test Socket.

If it does, open up the socket and get everything unplugged, and just connect up a phone and see if the phone will ring and connect if you call this from your mobile.

If the phone will work for incoming and outgoing calls then this will show that the external part of the line is working as it should.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Lost_and_Confused
Chatterbox

Does the master socket work- Yes that works fine. it rings. However, once a phone is plugged in to that master socket, that is where everything goes wrong.  I lose broadband initially, then it comes back at 8mb and will go off any time I make or receive a call.

Jay
Lost_and_Confused
Chatterbox

I nearly forgot to thank you for your assistance. I really appreciate it!

Jay
OCE_Karl

Hi

Can I just clarify - when you tested was this at the test socket - so with the front of the master socket removed.  

Is it possible to test the broadband / phone at the test socket (with a filter) to see if the issue happens.  If we are then confident the issue is related to how the second sockets were connected we can then send one of our engineers to look at this.  If the issue happens when connected to the test socket directly then this would need a BT Openreach engineer,

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Lost_and_Confused
Chatterbox

I'm very confused because there doesn't appear to be any screws on the box. I will look again in the morning.

Thank you for your help.

Jay
Divsec
Community Star

This might help Your guide to master sockets 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Debbie

Hi Lost_and_Confused

Apologies for the delay.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie