Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New wi-fi hub problem

ANSWERED
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ronat,

We need really to rule them out as a potential cause of the problem. Would you be able to connect the TV box to the router by Ethernet cable temporarily just to check if you still experience the same issue

Chris

Chat Champion

Unfortunately, in a different room. Have no problem with anything else when connected through it.

Ronat

OK thanks,

Are the adapters on the same ring main?

Chris

Chat Champion

Yes, very close together also, just one wall separating them.

Ronat

Are the adapters connected directly to a wall socket (not connected to an extension lead)?

Chris

Chat Champion

Yes, both are connected direct into socket.

Ronat
Chat Champion

Have just watched one hour recording, with absolutely no pauses. Hopefully this is a similar thing to the speed problem, in that it has righted itself. I hate things that I have not been able to work out what's wrong, but I will settle for it being ok somehow. Will let you know if anything changes, but meanwhile I am grateful for your attention on this matter.

Ronat
Chat Champion

Have just done a speed check, and now getting 35.8mbps download, and 9.1 upload, so not sure if this is why problem is rectified.

Ronat

Hi ronat,

Thanks for the update. How have you found the connection over the weekend?

Thanks

Chat Champion

Watched a few sample recordings on Sky channels, and not a single pause. As I said, I am very pleased that it is working so well now, but remain puzzled as to the cause. However I will settle for this, and remain very appreciative of all your attention on this matter.

Ronat

Hi ronat,

glad this has been working well for you over the weekend.  

Any further issues, just let us know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

This widget could not be displayed.