Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Newly Installed WIFI Hub No Power

9 REPLIES 9
almar_spug
Chatterbox

My WIFI Hub just installed by an engineer yesterday apparently only my wife was at home when the installation happened.

The engineer finished the installation and told to my wife that everything was OK but my wife never test it as she was in the middle of something and she trusted the engineer that everything was fine.

When I came home after work I checked the WIFI and I cant find it. I even connect a direct ethernet wired cable just to checked if anything is goood via wired LAN but unfortunately not.

Then I noticed there was no status light in the front of the WIFI Hub and I even connect it in the other power socket and the same thing no repsonse from the WIFI Hub and definitely no power.

Is there any chance you can send me a new router and an engineer will check what happened to this as I am really disappointed and frustrated because im expecting everything was alright as I waited for almost 2 weeks and this thing happened which is not a good welcome for a new subscriber.

I hope you can help me sorted out as quickly as possible as I really need this fibre to get online as soon as possible because I have an online certification exams that schedule in the next coming days that requires dedicated internet connection.

Almar
Community Team

Hi almar_spug

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

almar_spug
Chatterbox

I already updated my profile please confirm if its enough.

Thanks

Almar
Community Team

Hi almar_spug

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests are not detecting any faults but I can see that the line is not in sync.

I can send a replacement router for testing, this wouldn't be an engineer visit this would just be a replacement router. Will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

almar_spug
Chatterbox

Yes that's fine with me but please make sure that its a new router not a refurbished one so that we can really solve this issue.

Thanks.

Almar
Community Team

Hi almar_spug

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

almar_spug
Chatterbox

Thanks Debbie for the quick response Im looking forward once I get this new router.

I'll keep you posted thru this thread once it arrives.

Cheers.

Almar
Community Team
almar_spug
Chatterbox

I decided to end the contract as I never received any replacement router.

Thanks

Almar
Community Team

Hi almar_spug

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like me to look into this further?

Thanks

Debbie