cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

No DNS connection and issue with HG633

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
FlashGordon
Conversation Starter

I can only access information on my router for a few days after rebooting it; I guess that it needs the latest firmware?

Today I am still losing web site connection and a report from the trouble shooter that it "cannot connect to the DNS server or it does not exist".  This issue still persists even though the Network Status reports that the problem was resolved two hours ago.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Flash

Today's network issue was resolved fairly quickly so there shouldn't be any ongoing issues. Do you have an alternate router you can check your connection with?

This topic is awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware update for the HG633.

Updates are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and select your line for the update.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until the OCE's reply here.  They'll check the HG633 router and either upgrade to 1.22.1t or schedule an update via the update server.  They also be able to check it's set up correctly.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls
Community Team

Hi FlashGordon,

I've updated the firmware, could you retest and let us know if this issue has been resolved?

In regards to the intermittent webpages, are you still experiencing this issue at the moment?

Thanks

FlashGordon
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

Very many thanks for your speedy router firmware update today. 

I am pleased to confirm that everything looks good at this end; no issues with DNS servers and I can view the data on my router without first having to reboot it.

Community Team

Hi Flash,

'Gordon's Alive'.... ha could resist that, although it probably sounds better in my head.

Anyway, Glad to hear our teams been able to help.

Karl.

FlashGordon
Conversation Starter

Many thanks for your speedy reply to my problem. DNS issues persisted for a couple of hours after TT reported the "all clear" but I have had no problems since.

The OCE respone was phenomenal; router updated in no time.

I have a drawer full of working routers, but none of these specd for my fibre to the cabinet connection - or are they?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Flash

The super routers will be good to go for fibre to the cabinet broadband so that's the HG635, HG633 and DSL-3782 currently.

Happy Christmas on Mongo!... and here too

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer * Try TalkTalk CallSafe to stop scam calls