Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Fibre Broadband connection

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help here after going through the glorious talktalk call centre once again and getting precisely nowhere.

Recently I had no fibre broadband connection for around three weeks, it finally got solved after many calls to talktalk. Now a couple of weeks later it has gone again.

The router log is throwing up exactly the same error as it did weeks ago again: 

The WAN DHCP client process has failed on Vlan 36

The router is brand new as I only joined recently and went live 9th of May.

Details:

Router is a: FAST 5364-3.T8

I am using the adsl microfilter provided (I have tried both), plugged directly into the test socket.

The landline can make outgoing calls and receive incoming and has no noise on the line. 

Every line test done (around 7 so far) when calling talktalk has come back with everything working fine.

Please help.

R

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi  Rob_17

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've asked our Network Team to look at this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi  Rob_17

The next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi  Rob_17

Thanks for the Private Message.

This will be an Openreach broadband engineer visit. I have passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

I've had a text message confirming the visit of an engineer on Monday. Thank you for your help today.

Highlighted

Hi Rob_17

Apologies for the delay.

Yes the visit has been arranged for 22/7 AM  (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

The open reach engineer has solved the problem at the cabinet without having to visit the property. Thanks for all your help getting this issue resolved.

Rob

Highlighted

Hi Rob

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie