Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Internet after switching to faster fibre

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Our go live date to switch from broadband to fibre yesterday (21/5/20)  Internet went down yesterday around 2pm and hasn't come back on. Received an email saying we are connected. Using a Huawei Hg633  router which when I was upgrading was told would be sufficient. Have a continuous red light on box. Have checked the line and spoken to tech support who say the line and service is connected. Have switch it off for 30mins various times. Talk talk saying they are escalating to manager but wanted to know if anyone else as any ideas. Thanks in advance. 

An3
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hello,

I've Investigated your service and can see a Bthomehub authentication on the Line. Please confirm the HG633 is connected into the Master Socket and not an Extension.

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks,

Jay

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thank your for your reply. I have now connected the router directly into the master socket with a DSL micro filter. Internet still showing red on the reuter. I have also connected directly into the test socket inside the master socket and still showing as red. 

An3
Highlighted

Hi Anthony3356

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are not detecting any faults.

I have completed a radius re sync. Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then let us know once the router has been switched back on (following the 30 minute power down)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Thanks debbie for the reply finally got through to someone yesterday who are going to send out a new router. They said the same couldn't find any faults but we still hadn't got any internet after powering down. Do u think the new router will help?
An3
Highlighted

Hi Anthony3356

It could be related to the router. Please let us know once you have received and tested with this.

If you are still experiencing this fault then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Thanks debbie, so my next door neighbour who is with BT had an engineer call out as he has had no internet since last Thursday either (we didn't know this) I spoke to the engineer about ours. He went and looked at the connection box. Turns out the engineer who switched us to fibre last Thursday actually put the wires in wrong, connected next doors to our fibre and disconnected his line with BT. So are internet is now working. Shame that it took BT less time to get a engineer out to fix it to get a phone call from talk talk to even discuss it. Obviously we have apologised to the neighbour.
An3
Highlighted

Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for the update.

Thanks