Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Internet again!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, on 27/3 my Internet went off so got in touch via forum. Karl  checked the line said it was OK even though my router said no Internet connection and for some reason thought it was 2010. After further checks Karl said he would arrange a BT visit. However on 6/4 at 2 : 04 am my Internet mysteriously started working, 9 days later without any BT visit. Yesterday my Internet went off again , exactly the same symptoms. Phone works fine. Could you please arrange for a BT visit to get this problem fixed asap

Highlighted
Community Star

HI @jace7 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

Due to the current Coronavirus situation, the OCEs are very busy and there will be more of a delay to get a TalkTalk response. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jace7,

I'm really sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a few tests on the line which haven't detected a fault. Are you still unable to connect at the moment? Is the router currently at the test socket? Are you also unable to connect with a different router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Michelle , went through all the tests with Karl, tried a different router even tried my router at my brothers where it worked. Karl was going to arrange an engineer visit but my Internet came back on mysteriously at 2 in the morning after 9 days of no Internet. I have now been without Internet for a further 8 days so far. For all your tests show there is no fault on the line my router still shows no Internet connection, all stats are zero and it has reverted to 2010 which I assume is how old the software is. Please can you sort this asap

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi to all OCE's,

I understand that you are extremely busy at the moment and have always had great service from you in the past however I feel that you have been put in an Impossible position by Talktalk as they have  closed all other avenues of communication. A communication company that no longer communicates with its customers, and obviously has no contingency plans for the current situation. I have been with Talktalk for over 10 years now but enough is enough. 

I have been able to talk to other providers without any problems so now is the time to leave. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Letter from talktalk yesterday saying sorry you're leaving, ring this number we can offer you a deal to stay.

What a joke -  due to corona virus this line has been closed!!!

Still no Internet and if it wasn't for my new provider gifting me unlimited data on my phone I would be well stuck. 

Talktalk want to charge me £65 for leaving, how about compensation for no Internet for almost a month !!!

Not expecting a response, just venting, been a loyal customer for over 10 years, but this pandemic has shown how disorganised talktalk are ,  bye

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jace7,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to leave, I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue I can understand your frustration. I hope all goes well with your new provider

Chris