would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Internet on 2.4GHz Channel

17 REPLIES 17
M Ahmad
First Timer

Hello

We have moved to the TalkTalk fibre (Wi-fi Hub) a few months back. The router seemed to have work okay for a few weeks but now it has started problems. Initially only one of the two 2.4 or 5Ghz channel would work but recently the 2.4Ghz has stopped working. Even when I am connected to this channel it says no Internet Connection, but the 5 GHz channel seems to be working okay. I have reset the router a few times, switching it off for 30 or more minutes and then On, changed the 2.4 GHz channels but none has worked so far. The wired connections are working but its the 2.4GHz wi-fi connection that has the problem. Some of my devices only have 2.4GHz channel so I need this channel as well alongside the 5 GHz otherwise I was better off with my previous router. I have the TalkTalk Wifi Hub at home.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Just to be clear, what does the hub report as the status of the 2.4GHz band. There were a few that have reported it disabled or down & would not re-enable.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi M Ahmad

Have you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

M Ahmad
First Timer

Yes I have factory reset the router twice but no improvement. But now its doing the same on the 5Ghz band as well. The internet disappears on the channel even though I am connected to the router, It says "No Internet". So I have to disconnect my laptop and then reconnect it only then it works. Strange and very unusual problem never seen before. I would shift to another service provider once this contract is over. In the meantime I am going to get another modem and router separately.  This router/modem is the worse I have seen so far unfortunately.

Community Team

Hi M Ahmad

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

M Ahmad
First Timer

Thank you Debbie. If you think that could solve the problem, keeping in view your past experience with the customers then I would like to replace it but if it doesn't work then I would suggest don't just send a replacement if it can't resolve the issue. Would you like to know my address or phone number to send me the router?

Community Team

Hi M Ahmad

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk telephone number. I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

M Ahmad
First Timer

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the reply. I have updated my account details. Hope it works.

Community Team

Hi M Ahmad

Apologies, there are no details showing in your Community Profile, did you click the save changes button at the bottom of the page?

Please can you update your Community Profile again?

Thanks

Debbie

mahmad
Chatterbox
Hello Debbie,
It was a nightmare for me to add my community profile to the account, failing which I have now opened another account. I hope now you would be able to see my community profile (Location and phone number).

Thanks for the help.

mahmad
Chatterbox
Hello Debbie,
This is M Ahmad and its regarding the TalkTalk fibre and the 2.4GHz ban that I needed hep with. It was a nightmare for me to add my community profile to the account, failing which I have now opened another account. I hope now you would be able to see my profile.

mahmad
Chatterbox
Hello Debbie,
This is M Ahmad and its regarding the TalkTalk fibre and the 2.4GHz ban that I It was a nightmare for me to add my community profile to the account, failing which I have now opened another account. I hope now you would be able to see my profile.

Community Team

Hi mahmad

Apologies for this.

Please can you also send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi mahmad

Thanks for the Private Message.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

mahmad
Chatterbox

Thank you Debbie. Will let you know how it goes.

Community Team
mahmad
Chatterbox

Hello Debbie,

Thank you very much we have received your new router. I haven't checked it now as I am out of town. Presently, we are using the old Netgear router with a separate modem. Once I get back home I'll install the new router and would let you know how it goes. Do I have to return the old router?

Thank you once again for your prompt help.

Regards

M Ahmad

Community Team

Hi

You can hold onto the old router.

Test when you can and let us know.

Thanks

Karl.