Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Internet since Sunday 23rd Feb 2020 engineer did not show up

26 REPLIES 26
NornIronMan
Participant

So no broadband internet since Sunday evening. So I contact customer service and jump through their hoops. So engineer supposed to call this morning. Take time off work to be here. So Engineer does not show up. Contact talk talk again. No luck. They give me a number and they can even get me through sercurity

I give up, what have I got to do to get this fixed.

HELP

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi NornIronMan

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check if your landline service is working ok? (when making calls)

Thanks

Debbie

NornIronMan
Participant

Yes the landline is working fine but just no internet

NornIronMan
Participant

Hi Debbie

Just to confirm the landline is working fine, just no internet. Engineer was supposed to call between 8 and 10 then 10 and 12 am. (which support admitted they screwd up on)

Still no show. I have contacted customer support on chat and telephone but just end up ruinng around in circles.

I kind of give up now

HELP

OCE_Debbie

Hi NornIronMan

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just checking this fault with our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Debbie

NornIronMan
Participant

ok debbie thanks for that

OCE_Debbie

Hi NornIronMan

Our Network Team have asked if the router is currently connected at the test socket and switched on?

Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

NornIronMan
Participant

Debbie

The router is connected and still showing orange light. I also purchased a new router from argos yesterday for £40 and still no joy.

Like as the last time, and the time before that, nothing is wrong with my router or my setup.

OCE_Karl

Hi

As all line tests are clear then the next option is an openreach engineer.

I'll drop you a PM with the details required.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

NornIronMan
Participant
Hi Karl
Thanks for that. Its most appreciated.

Best

NornIronMan
Participant

Hi Karl

OK thanks for that its most appreciated

Best

NornIronMan
Participant

OK Day 4 and still no internet. Funny enough I did get a text message from Talk Talk support advising me that they were pleased I was up and running again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, which of course I'm not. I amazed at the level of incompetence displayed by Talk Talks call center.

O well thank god for 4G and the community here. Karl is hopefully going to get an engineer out at some point BT open reach

OCE_Karl

Hi @NornIronMan

I got your message, goint to arrange the engineer shortly, just need to check what days work best for you.  Engineers are usually mon - fri,  AM (8-1)  or  PM (1-6).

Are there any days / times you prefer or should I just book the next available.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

NornIronMan
Participant

Hi Karl

I would be available any time any day but main thing is just if we can get an engineer urgently. That would be a great help.

Thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

I've requested this for Friday AM (8-1).

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

NornIronMan
Participant
Hi Karl
Thanks for that, I'll be here all day.

Much obliged.

OCE_Debbie

Hi NornIronMan

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

NornIronMan2
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

I had to re-register here again as I could not log on for some reason even when I tried to reset the password. So I'm back here as NornTronMan2 pfffft.

Engineer promptly called did the tests and determined I needed a new router. I advised that I already tested a new router and that did not work but he said that some plug and play routers don't work.

So ha ordered a new router and we'll just have to wait and see if that works. Thanks for getting this sorted and I'll keep you posted with an update if it finally gets working again.

Thanks again folks

Best

NornIronMan2
Popular Poster
Hi Debbie
I had to re-register with as for some reason unknown to me I could not reply to you all here even after resetting my password, so let me know you got this and the update regarding the engineer visit

Thanks
NornIronMan2
Popular Poster
Hi Karl
I had to re-register here as I seemed to be locked out even when resetting password so I'm back here as NornTronMan2. Just letting you know. Let me know you got this ok. Thanks again

Best