cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No Wi-fi connection status says Wi-fi DISABLED.

2 REPLIES 2
Georgi_79
Visitor

I tried to find a solution chatting to someone from TalkTalk via the facebook page but no joy so am trying here.

My Wi-Fi connection disapeared last week. I can connect to the internet via a cable to my laptop fine but no wi-fi. I checked the status of my router on the hub page and it states wi-fi is disabled I've tried to switch it on but it isn't happening. I have tried a reset and also unplugged my router and restarted it and still not working. Looking at this forum it seems to be a common thing with people being offered a new router to replace the faulty one which mine clearly is. I asked for a new one but the person wanted to try every test even asked me how many bars on my wi-fi so not sure they grasped what I was trying to tell them. They even offered to send a chargeable engineer or for me to upgrade my contract! but I said I just want a router which works but they were reluctant.

As I said there seems to be many posts identical to mine and if anyone could help by sorting me with a replacement router I'd be grateful

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Georgi_79,

If you have performed a factory reset (by holding in the pinhole reset switch on the back of the router for over 10 seconds) and this has still not fixed it, then chances are that the router is faulty.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Georgi_79

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie