Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No broadband orange flashing light

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Team Player

My broadband has been off since mid afternoon.

I have an orange flashing light.

I've done the 30 Min unplugged I've also reset, all devices are connected but no internet.

I've done the online line test but just states problem is indoors, nothing has changed with the setup.

I've also tried a new filter.

Any advice would be helpful.

Tia

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gary t1 ,

If your phone master socket has a test socket then that is one other thing you could try, that would at least prove that the fault isn't related to the wiring in your property, details here :  (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432)

The staff on this forum won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend, however the staff on this forum will be able to help next week if you are still having problems.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi skyney_TX, 

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the test socket shortly but I'm 99% certain it's outside the property.

Open reach have been digging and adding new cables in the area for about a month, not to each house but from box to box.

Oddly enough my son works for the outfit that are doing the cabling.

I can't find the online chat, any chance of a link.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,

There is a link to live chat from here

Highlighted
Team Player

@Skynet_TX wrote:

Hi,

There is a link to live chat from here

Thanks again,

I did find the chat and been on to them for about 2 hrs doing all the things I'd already done, test sockets etc.

There sending a new router but after my first chat I tried my previous router and the issue is identical, so I went back on and ran similar tests with the same conclusion, I just can't see it being the router.

My son puts in the new cables in this area, we checked the box outside and it was newly cables on the 29th July.

I don't know enough but can only guess router is broke and the old one won't work on new system(the older router is4 years old)

My wife is on the govt shielding list and has to work from home, so now can't work, I have to pretty much stay home as can't risk bringing the virus into the house, you don't realise how much you rely on it until it's not working, never really had issues in 15 years.

Highlighted
Community Star
Yep, assuming you are now on fibre, if your old router was from before you had fibre then it may not work. Old broadband before fibre was ADSL, fibre is VDSL, so whatever router you try to use now it has to support VDSL. All of the current routers that TalkTalk supply support both ADSL and VDSL, but many routers that are more than a few years old may well only support ADSL.
Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks, I'm fairly certain I used the old router, which was on fast broadband or similar, on the fibre when I switched over, I'm sure whoever I spoke told use that till the new router arrives but that it wouldn't quite have the speed but I might be wrong, just don't see it being the router, we'll see.

Highlighted
Team Player
The old one is D-link dsl-3782
Highlighted
Community Star
Looks like that supports VDSL
Highlighted
Team Player

On the D-link, it connects the same as the new router, all WiFi is connected to all devices and all hardwired devices.

I was on chat twice and they went through all the same procedures, reset, test box etc.

Highlighted
Team Player

a couple of neighbors have the same issue, both are on sky broadband, same road and went off around the same time yesterday.

Got back on chat and after going through the same tests all over again they are getting an engineer out on Tuesday.

Hopefully resolved from there.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I can see there is no connection currently, and a fault is logged with openreach for investigation.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Karl.
Hopefully sorted tomorrow.
Highlighted

Fingers crossed 🙂

Please let me know if you require any assistance after the engineer has attended.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you Karl.
Highlighted
Team Player

Engineer has been and all is working fine.

The problem was they have been changing Huawei boards for Nokia boards at the exchange and several hadn't been reset.

Thank you all for your help.

Highlighted

Hi Gary

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂