would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No broadband

2 REPLIES 2
CaffeineHound
First Timer

Hi all

I've been with talktalk for a while and put in a home move order as I've moved house. It wouldn't let me do it online so I called up and did it the old fashioned way. The polite lady on the phone said since my new address has an active BT line it would only take around 4 days for the transfer to complete, fantastic stuff, she asks if I want to keep my number and I say only if it won't add any extra time, no problems!

I plug my router in and turn it on ready, both my PCs set up, lights come on, internet light comes on, broadband light is on. Few days later I try my browser and it says contact provider for activation date. I use the talktalk chat feature and after telling me to stop guessing my own name.. I said my name once, and then said thanks, unless I think thanks is my name (I don't, I was just being polite), then I am told I am lying about my activation date (see pic below) and that I have to wait until 27/08/19, this cannot be right as it's over 2 weeks after I was told it would be live.

Image included.. am I going crazy here? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BBLD.jpg

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi @CaffeineHound

Sorry that you have been misinformed, It has never been possible to complete a homemove in 4 days. Standard timescales are 10 working days taking your go live date as the 27th. 

I can only apologize for the inconvenience caused by this.