Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No clue what's happening

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Team Player

Bit of tech advice please... See if u can explain this.... 

So all my devices can access the internet no bother.

My tablet is intermittent. Sometimes itll be really good but a lot of the time it'll either have really slow internet or none at all. Usually I need to turn the tabs WiFi off and on to get it going, but this doesn't always shift it.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern when it does it.

Apps seem to work ok but it's hard work trying to use a browser. I'm using Chrome but also tried edge and opera.

Now normally I would say device issue but I'm having similar issue with my phone as well. Not as bad but it is there.

I've tried turning off 5g on my router and still similar issues.

Both devices are Huawei but I wouldn't have thought there be anything in the router stopping Huawei devices.

I have split the band's and also checked the channels and switched to more suitable ones.

There's obviously no issues access the internet otherwise the speed test app wouldn't be able to get a 39.8 download and 14.8 upload reading but trying to load any speed test service through a browser and it's quicker to run the data packets back and forth myself.

I've tried living with this a few months now but with all this home schooling now, it's driving me nuts.

Have you got an suggestions for this one?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi talkashtalk,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the router currently switched off? Have you tried factory resetting the router and then resetting this up again?

Restore your router to factory settings

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Michelle I haven't reset to factory settings because this is a new router that I was sent in January I think it was. This issue was also happening with the previous router. Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi talkashtalk,

Is the replacement router the same make and model as the original router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Yeah it sure is..
It's the WiFi Hub (black with orange dots)
Highlighted
Team Player

It's a weird one because as you can see in the pics attached, I can get lovely speeds when updating on play store but as soon as I jumped into chrome to report this to you I was only getting the speeds in the second pic and it took an age to load so left it 5 mins and now I'm moving through the site ok

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi talkashtalk

I've turned off optimisation.  Reboot all devices then retest and see if they remain connected. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player
I'll keep an eye on it over the day....
What does optimization do?
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Optimisation will monitor wifi and change channel and manage bandswitching between devices, but for some devices this may not work correctly and so we cn turn it off to see if they behave themselves 🙂

Thanks  

Karl.