Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No dialtone but broadband working although slowly

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi

Today my broadband stopped. I listened to the phone and there was no dialtone. The broadband started to work again after 10mins but the but max upload and download speed is reduced.

However hours later I still have no dialtone. 

I've connected to the test socket etc, ran all the normal tests. 

Can you please advise what to do next.  There have been no changes in my home. I was just sitting at home using the broadband went it just stopped. 

Can you run some tests.

FYI about 3 weeks ago openreach did a repair on my line, and actually cut the cable by my home and stuck in a new piece of cable. I wonder if it's come loose. 

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scott

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is showing a fault so I have passed this to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

If you post back on this thread on Monday then we check the fault ticket.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie.  You are VERY helpful.

Are you able to ask OpenReach if they can call me IF they need access to my property (sometimes if its a fault close to the house on the line they may need access), so I can make sure I am at home?  Or is that not something you are able to do?

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Scott

No problem. They have an alternative contact number for you and if they need access they will usually try and make contact first.

If the fault can be fixed outside the property then they will do this without attending at the property.

Thanks

Debbie