Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet - Slow Customer Service

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Participant

Hi, 

I lost internet connection on Friday 10/07. I went through live chat and it took over 3 minutes each time I typed a message to get a reply, over an hour in total. Eventually was told they would run a 15 minute diagnosis, after 8 minutes I was cut off! 

Next chat was the same at least 3 minutes between messages, this time told they would run a 1 minute diagnosis? After which they told me nothing they could do and i would be contacted within 72 hours (is that really the best you can do Talktalk?) By someone who would run further diagnosis. 

Basically i have a solid orange light. I have tried my router at another house and it works. I have tested the cable and it works. I have used a splitter connected to the test socket and still no joy. Is there anything else I can do to check from my end? I have also tried switching off and on etc. and a reset with the button. 

To top it off after each chat with talk talk i have received an email to say they believe my service has been fixed? 

Sorry Talktalk your waiting times are shocking. Sometimes waiting up to 10 minutes between messages on live chat is just ridiculous.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @roystrainset your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Participant
Divsec,

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Just want to put on here that the matter is in hand for now. Talktalk have somewhat redeemed themselves by answering the phone quickly and arranging an engineer visit. Will update when I know more. Thanks
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @roystrainset that's great news, weekend is the worst time(it shouldn't be)

Let's hope the engineer gets things sorted for you.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Participant

Can anyone confirm if I should get confirmation of an engineer visit by text/email? The customer service operative on the phone couldn't tell me. Or if one of talktalks representatives on here could check my appointment that would be great. Thanks 

Highlighted
Participant

Further update:

Talktalk engineer has been out and said it is a PPP issue (whatever that is) and is definitely outside the property. This is after Talktalk told me it was definitely inside the property. 

Now have an openreach engineer going to look at the cabinet sometime within the next 72 hours. 

Does anyone know if this falls under the £8 per day compensation scheme? Cost me a lot in mobile data plans so far. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi roystrainset,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The line test is clear and the line is showing in sync but not authenticated.

I've completed a radius re-sync from here, could you now try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then try and re-connect again please. Do you also have a dial tone?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Hi Michelle, I have just done this and still no internet connection (solid amber light). Yes the phone is working fine.

Guess i have to wait for the Openreach engineer which has been booked in for next 72 hours.

Can you confirm if I should receive compensation for this as talktalks engineer has diagnosed the issue as outside the property? Thanks.

P.s you are welcome to try anything else from your end if you think it might help.
Highlighted
Participant

Another update :

Just been on live chat and they confirmed the Openreach engineer has been out and the fault is cleared. However the router is still failing to authenticate. They did further tests and suggested sending another router. 

I pointed out the router is working fine at another house, and both myself and talk talk engineer had tried new routers without any joy. 

He has now escalated to the internal network team who will further investigate and get back to me within 48 hours. 

The plot thickens...

Highlighted

Hi roystrainset,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Network Team now and I will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Cheers Michelle,

I am told this is already with the network team as of yesterday afternoon. But I am sure another nudge won't do any harm.

I was informed I will be updated within 48 hours so expecting an update by close of business tomorrow.

Does seem a strange one though as according to the engineers there is now no fault either inside or outside the property! Will be interesting to find out the outcome.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Hi roystrainset,

No problem. They're usually quite quick at getting back to me so I'm hoping to hear more in the next few hours.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi roystrainset,

Our Network Team have advised that this will need to be raised as an appointed BTOR visit to the property. Can I just confirm, was the previous engineer a BTOR or TalkTalk Engineer? Would you like us to arrange this for you or are you still in contact with our Tech Team?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Michelle thanks for the prompt response. 

It was a Qube engineer (on behalf of Talktalk) who visited the property and advised PPP fault outside the property. 

I will just check and see if I can get appointment confirmed over live chat, if not I will get back to you. Thanks for your help. 

Highlighted
Participant

Michelle, 

I have an appointment for tomorrow between 1pm - 6pm. Will keep this thread updated. 

Thank you 

Highlighted

Hi roystrainset

Thank you, we look forward to hearing how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Decided to check on live chat as I have not received a call from the engineer yet. 

Turns out the appointment has been cancelled due to a 'technical system error'. Marvellous. Great to be kept informed. 

Highlighted
Participant

As above BT did not show up yesterday. It was rearranged for today between 8-1. You guessed it they didn't show up. 

I've been on live chat for 2 hours (yes 2 hours) today and the end result was him telling me he didn't know what else to do and for me to ring back on Monday. 

Also been on the phone to someone for 45 minutes who also couldn't help and when I asked to speak to a manager they hung up on me! 

I must have spent over 10 hours on live chat this week and 5 hours on the phone. Waited at home for 2 days with no update from talktalk and i still have no clue what is going on. 

Absolutely disgraceful customer service, the worst i have ever received. Now they are suggesting a router is the issue, even after their engineer said everything was fine, checked with his own router (which didn't work either) and also my phone is now not working so how will a router solve that?!

Absolute joke. Be warned. 

Highlighted
Participant

Well, the Openreach engineer turned up yesterday and we are back up and running. The problem was a port in the cabinet down the road was faulty. This is after Talktalk initially telling me the problem was definitely inside. 

I called Talktalk to confirm I would be recieving the automatic compensation for the missed appointments, they said i wouldn't be?! But couldn't give me a reason why. 

I must point out I was expressly asked (and I have live chat proof) to be at home for a visit by an Openreach engineer between 1-6pm on Friday 17th and also 8am-1pm on Saturday the 18th. None of these appointments were fulfilled. 

Wasted hours upon hours this week trying to sort this, including 5 times i have needed to be at home all morning/afternoon. 

Could a Talktalk employee on here please assist with confirming whether these should be classed as missed appointments and fall under the automatic compensation scheme? Thank you. 

Highlighted

Hi roystrainset,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm glad to hear that the engineer has now resolved the fault. In regards to the billing aspect of your question, I'd recommend creating a new topic in the MyAccount and Billing Section of the Community so that our Billing Expert OCE_Arne can look into this further.

Thanks