Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet access

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Participant

Had home move booked for today but due to lockdown had to cancel this 3 days ago spoke with 3 different teams they said all sorted had email confirmation. And today my wifi gone dead router is flashing amber.

Im wfh and can't do any work can't even get through to anyone to get this checked out. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Forsik92 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Participant
Hi Keith,

Thanks for this but I have tried to call them says line temporarily closed so does chat unfortunately.
Highlighted
Community Star

The OCEs will pick your case up shortly, what you said does explain why I can't keep up trying to help people on here this morning & I do not get paid for this!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Forsik92

Can you add the home phone number to your Community Profile so we can find your details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant
Added now
Highlighted

Hi

BT have already disconnected the fibre service and the other services are going to cease today.   This is past all points of no return so unfortunately there is no way we can stop this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant
So line can't be reconnected again is that what you saying?

3 days ago I've called up spoke with 3 different teams to prevent this. I've been told there will be no issues.
Highlighted

Hi

We are unable to have the line connected again at this time and a new order would have to be placed to have the services re-installed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
So what do I need to do? How do I place an order if that's the only option? And I didn't request for my line to get disconnected in first place I booked a transfer of my line originally so where did it get transferred then can it be transferred back?
Highlighted

Hi

A new order would have to be placed with our sales teams to arrange an install date with BT Openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
I've received an email stating following.
"However, If you change your mind give us a call on 0345 172 0046 and let us see how we can help. You can cancel anytime up to 20 days after we accept your order and you may have to pay any costs incurred up to the time you cancel."

Why I have to place new order and than Im receiving email saying I have 20 days to cancel. Can someone help with this as its really frustrating. Im on vulnerable list due to pregnancy and having my antenatal appointments via skype.
Highlighted

Hi

When placing any new order there is always a cooling off period.

This is the only way to have the services reconnected.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Ok can you cancel my account I'll have to move to another broadband provider.
Highlighted

Hi

There will be a delay with any provider to reconnect the services.  Due to the current pandemic, Openreach have advised all providers that any installs that require access to a property will be pushed back to 1st June.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Virgin media and BT said I can self install and no engineer required. Vodafone/plusnet can book engineer on or after 15th April. Engineers still do visits to vulnerable people so looks like its only talktalk unable to help their customers unfortunately.
Highlighted

Hi

We do use BT engineers and they will enter a property, but only if the customer falls into the vulnerable category.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
As far as I know pregnant women are on that list. That's why Im wfh for past few weeks and that's why I rely on Internet a lot and can't use just my mobile data to work and have my antenatal appointments via Skype
Highlighted

Hi

You will be in the 'at risk' category, but with an install with any provider, this will never be instant, and there will be a delay as BT will arrange a date for install as their workload allows.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Will go with provider that do self install. By the way on BT portal there's is option for self install so Im assuming they can connect line remotely, so why they can't do same if talktalk request this?