Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet again 🤬🤬

2 REPLIES 2
ClareEms
First Timer

My 4 year old router now has no broadband or internet light, after 1 hour on a chat which I was told I needed a Microfilter even though I tried two apparently I need to try another. I’ve now no internet for at least 2-3 working days and if microfilter doesn’t work (which it won’t as it’s a router issue) i’ll have no internet until an engineer can be booked to call. I have to work from home and cannot go to the office or anyone else’s home due to local lockdown rules (I’m in Newcastle) does anyone know how I can get in touch and speak to an actual person who can order me a new router please 

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @ClareEms ,

The staff here won't be back until Monday, so you will only be able to get support by using the live chat or phoning up over the weekend.

I assume you will have already done all the troubleshooting whilst on the chat, but just to double check...

Those lights being out are likely to either mean the router has failed, or the router just can't see a broadband signal on your phone line.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

You say you have already tried another microfilter, do you happen to have another cable that connects the router to the microfilter that you could also try ?

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, just in case a fault with the phone socket / wiring is causing the issue.

You could also try the pinhole reset on the back of the router, you need to hold that in for 10 - 20 seconds until the lights go out.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

But as I say, the staff here won't be able to respond until early next week.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ClareEms

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie