would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet and no progress on repair for over a week

10 REPLIES 10
robert_79
First Timer

Hello

I reported a fault a week last Monday (router reports no signal and no line sync; voice is working), and on the following Tuesday a remote test was conducted on my line and it was established that the fault lay somewhere outside my premises. The customer support agent then told me that it would be referred to BT Openreach for repair, and I should expect to see some action taken in no more than 72 hours.

A week has now passed. I'm still without service, I have received no updates and, as best as I can tell, no work has been carried out.

Can you please send a request to Openreach for the following information:

- What, if any, work has been done on the line
- The nature of the fault
- An estimate of how long it will take to resolve the fault

Thank you.

P.S. I have taken the initiative of adding my name and telephone number to my profile. My telephone enquiry password is also included under the 'private notes' section.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and update you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi

This has been logged to openreach and they have tested remotely and are unable to see a fault.  I've rejected this back to them to progress for a site visit.

Thanks

Karl. 

robert_79
First Timer

I'm pleased to hear that someone might finally begin to investigate the fault. I suspect it was not properly communicated to Openreach that only the broadband component is affected.

Please keep me informed of any updates, particularly if access to the home is required.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi

Now this has been rejected back to them I suspect they may ask for an appointed visit.

what days are best for you (Mon-Fri AM or PM) so we are prepared for this.

Thanks

Karl. 

robert_79
First Timer

No preference. Someone will be present in the house all this week and next. Thanks.

Community Team

Hi robert_79

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi robert_79

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi robert_79

The engineer visit has been arranged for 06/08/2018 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

robert_79
First Timer

With the aid of a borrowed modem from a friend, I have now determined that the router is to blame, or more precisely the integrated modem component of the router.

This matter can now therefore be closed. I have already cancelled the engineer appointment through customer support.

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi robert_79

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie