Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet connection at all

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My internet has been down since yesterday evening. Contacted talktalk and the service centre said no problems on line must be a fault in my house. Checked everything and all my end is ok.  Spoke to live chat and they said that they will check if theres any problem in my area. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @gareth68 ,

Is your router plugged into the master phone socket in your home, if your master socket has a test socket then have you tried the router in that, that would prove if the issue is related to the wiring in your home.

Details on types of master socket, and if they have a test socket : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432

Have your tried disconnecting any other devices that you have on your phone line, so the router is the only thing connected.

The TalkTalk staff on this forum are not likely to be around now until Monday, but if you can't get things sorted before then they will be able to look into this for you.

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

EDIT : Just saw your other post from earlier in the day that possibly indicates a wider problem in your local area, so obviously no point in trying the checks above if you do believe it is a wider problem affecting the local network !

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes router is plugged into master socket. Tried test socket aswell. Still nothing been off since  about 8.00pm last night.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi gareth68,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Profile is all updated. Thanks. Spoke to customer service yestetday and they said that theres a problem with the caerphilly exchange. It may take 24-48 hours to get it back up to scratch. 

Highlighted

Hi gareth,

Thank you. We received an update on Saturday afternoon to advise that the fault should be resolved. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Could I just confirm, are you now able to connect?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I am not at home at the moment so I'll have to check later. Thanks. 

Highlighted

Hi gareth,

Ok thank you and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi it is still not working it is very very slow.
Highlighted
Community Star
Hi, the OCE's may have finished for the day now. If your router is successfully connected (i.e. the light(s) are 'normal'), but the internet is slow, it might be worth switching your router off for over 30 minutes. Then when you switch it back on it will automatically create a new session, this sometimes helps it reconnect at a better speed after a fault has been cleared from the line.
Highlighted

Hi gareth,

Apologies for the delay. This incident was re-opened yesterday and a further fault has been resolved. Is your connection now ok?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes its working now. Will i be entitled to any compensation as I have had no internet from Thursday evening until Monday evening? 

Highlighted

Hi gareth68

I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

This help page will provide further information About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

Debbie