cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet for 3 days - Help

15 REPLIES 15
Chatterbox

Absolutely shocking customer service from Talktalk.

I recently renewed my talktalk contract for 18 months. My go live date was set for the 26 of November 2019.

I installed the new wireless router i received but it is stuck on a solid orange light.

I rang customer service on 0345 172 0088 and was told an engineer would come yesterday (27th) but no one turned up. I rang talktalk again and was told an engineer would come this morning (28th) still no on one has turned up.

I have spoked to various people within the customer services team and have just been passed on and nothing seems to be done.

Currently on the phone again for the 5th time trying to speak to a supervisor. Not sure why im waiting as im pretty sure nothing will get done anyway.

Absolutely ridiculous and not sure what to do now. Thinking of cancelling my contract. Shocking from talktalk. Well disappointed as i have been with you for years.

Community Star

If you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi huz123,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve. I can see that it's been booked out to Openreach, have heard anything since your last post?

Chris

Chatterbox

Hi Chris, Thanks for the reply.

Had the 2nd Openreach engineer come around today. Was told the visit was pointless as everything had been done by the 1st engineer. Both engineers said the same thing - it is a TalkTalk issue - something about PPE and port authentication from Talktalk.

Rang Talktalk while the engineer was present and was told by Talktalk the issue would take another 3 - 5 days to resolve from their end and that would i would get a call from a team in Manchester sometime soon.

No internet for 7 days.....

Hi huz123,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Hi huz123

Our Network Team will be contacting you shortly in regards to this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi huz123

Our Network Team have now advised that this fault may be related to an incident at your exchange and we are chasing for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox
Great. Spoke to someone in Manchester. Was told to contact the technical team after 72 hours for an update...

Hi huz123,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've checked this again and I can see that this incident has now been resolved. Just to confirm, is the connection now working ok?

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi, Just checked and my internet is up and running now (solid white light). Thank you.

Could you please provide a telephone number or contact for the compensation department as i had to add additional data to my phone to use the internet during the days I was unable to do so through TalkTalk.

In addition, there were also 2 days where the Openreach engineer was a no show which I took as holidays from work. Additional holidays were also used for the 2 days the engineers were present and the 2nd visit being pointless.

Chatterbox

Internet is slow though. I did try switching the router on and off. No luck. Hopefully it improves tomorrow..

Hi huz123,

Thanks for confirming this and I'll take a look at the speed now. The sync speed does look good, are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi, all good. TY

Hi huz123

Is this working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi Debbie, Yes. Thanks for your help