would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet or phone connection from this afternoon

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

The router had been disconnecting and the light for internet turning red for weeks prior and now, both have failed completely! 

No dial tone on the phone and almost all the lights on router besides the power and Ethernet are off. Router is a D-Link Model DSL-3782 Super router. 

Please fix fault as this is a nuisance.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'm showing a line fault so have logged this over to Openreach for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

Open Reach didn't arrive on the Saturday they were booked to and the broadband and phone aren't working this morning, please help!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have contacted our Network Team in regards to this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser

We can't see any visits arranged. 

We can see that a fault was last raised on 08/08, Openreach were unable to resource an engineer for 10/08. 

They advised that they attempted to contact the customer on 3 separate occasions to book but had no response and the fault closed down.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

Never received any phone calls pertaining to the previous fault and as of today, I cannot call or receive on the landline anyway.

Since the last fault resolved itself, another fault developed this morning. Why?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser

Just to confirm, what fault are you currently experiencing?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

No connection whatsoever since this morning; both phone and broadband dead (only power and Ethernet green lights on router while no dial tone on phone).

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser,

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

One telephone socket.

No other devices connected apart from the phone.

Ihave a standard master socket so I do have a test filter.

The internet and phone are both stop working every day as well.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser,

This appears to have been raised to Openreach, can you confirm that you're still experiencing the issue and I'll chase this up with our network team if you are

Chris

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

YES, I AM STILL WITHOUT ANY CONNECTION!

Brexit is a quicker process than getting this fixed. No phone or broadband whatsoever.

Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks. I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, I'm chasing it up with our network team, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser,

This is still under investigation by Openreach, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again for updates

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi annoyeduser,

I can see that your router is now connected to the internet, does everything seem to be OK now?

Chris

Highlighted
annoyeduser
Participant

Its back (both internet and phone) but is expected to disconnect again in a few days, according to the engineer.

The long-term solution as advised by the engineer is that the outside cable from the DP to the cabinet in the street needs to be updated, as it is the crux of the issue with the intermittent connection.