Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet since activation on Dec 4 - being run around in circles

14 REPLIES 14
qk838
Popular Poster

I have no internet and never have had internet since activation on Dec 4. I suspect the issue all comes down to an authorization/hold issue on the line, but TalkTalk seems totally unable to resolve this issue. I am leaving the country on Sunday to visit family. If my internet doesn't work by Saturday I will be canceling and moving to BT. At least they understand the technology they sell.

Timeline of my issue:

Dec 4: Activation date, no internet

Dec 5: Spoke to TT support via phone and chat. Went through tests while on phone with support. Nothing worked. Engineer visit booked.

Dec 7 (approx, I wasn't keeping good records): Engineer visited home. Stated the issue was an authorization issue (I suspect this is the critical detail TalkTalk seems to not understand),  and a visit was needed from Openreach and I would receive a text within 72 hours to confirm their visit. Text never arrived. Instead got a text saying "we're sorry our engineer wasn't able to resolve your service issue. This has been escalated and we'll be in touch with next steps as soon as possible." Decided to ignore and wait for 72 hours.

Dec 12: Spoke with TT support via chat. Support wanted to go through home checks again. I told them to refer to the case notes as we had already done this and an engineer had visited. Why the agent didn't read the notes and know this is beyond me. Agent did addtl tests and determined that another engineering visit was required, which I already knew, as the engineer who'd come on the 7th said so and implied that it would be booked. Quite frustrated since I had waited for a text that never came. Oh well, engineering visit booked.

Dec 13: FTTC3 tech visited box outside home, apparently. I then spoke with TT via phone and confirmed another tech visit would be required, inside the home. Scheduled for Dec 14 between 8 am and 1 pm.

Dec 14: Engineer did not arrive. Spoke with TT support via chat. Here are excerpts of our chat:

ME: an OpenReach engineer was supposed to come between 8 am and 1 pm. they have not arrived. what is the status of this issue?

RICOJACOB:

I can see here that this has been escalated to our case managers.

RICOJACOB:

Please allow me to discuss this for you.

RICOJACOB:

I have checked the job order for the engineer and found out that the port has not been activated yet until the engineer went there today to have it activated.

RICOJACOB:

Since we have confirmed that the issue seems to be not within the home environment through the findings of the Openreach engineer he sent a notifcation via SMS which you should have received that no entry to the premise is required.

RICOJACOB:

May I know if you have received an SMS notification?

ME: no. i have not. an engineer supposedly came yesterday and checked the box outside and then decided OR would need access to the home that's why there was an appointment booked this morning

RICOJACOB:

My apologies if the SMS notification did not reach you via Openreach's system. However, this has been escalated to an FTTC1 engineer which is a type of an engineer that does not require to access the premises of the customer since it is proven that the fault is not within the customer's premise. Let me send you the exact engineer's report.

RICOJACOB:

Modem not in sync because DSL port at DSLAM is deactivated. Checked In EMS and the Port was Deactivated. Reactivated the port and Ran In Life Fault Test. Test passed with Outcome Modem is out of sync and fault is not within  the home environment. An External Engineer will be Working on this job i.e MFL of CA. ************Customer Milestone End ******************

[more back and forth about the engineer]

RICOJACOB:

Nonetheless, the case manager allocated on your case is now closely working hand in hand with Openreach to coordinate with them and get the real time results of their checks to compile them and have this discussed to you by the case managers once they contact you within 72 hours... But our case managers do work as well during weekends so you can be confident still that we are closely monitoring your case.

The agent strongly implied that I would be contacted by a manager by Dec 17, as well as an engineer.

Dec 15: Received a text saying "we're sorry our engineer wasn't able to resolve your service issue. This has been escalated and we'll be in touch with next steps as soon as possible." Ignored this since it seemed to have no relation to the conversation I'd had one day earlier.

Dec 17: Chatted with TT support. No further movement regarding the FTTC1 engineer. No call from anybody. Took my number again. Made a formal complaint, I suppose, if that's what we can call it. Case # 1-000005-803804-0.

Also Dec 17: Billed for service I have never received. Money I don't expect I will ever get back.

Dec 18: Chatted with TT support. Took my number again. Waiting on a call.

Community Team

Hi qk838 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

qk838
Popular Poster
Community Team

Hi qk838

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

qk838
Popular Poster

I just received a voice message from a Tommy in the "fault management team," who told me that the issue is now being handled by the "network team." No call-back number, no estimated time to completion, no explanation of what the issue could be or where it stands. Another day, another round of vacuous, scripted assertions from TT.

Community Team

Hi qk838

I will post back on this thread today as soon as I receive an update from our Network Team.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi qk838

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

qk838
Popular Poster

So the same kind of engineer that the first engineer said was needed way back on Dec 7... even though the last engineer to visit and TT chat support said the next engineer wouldn't need to get into my house.

I have responded to the PM.

Community Team

Hi qk838

Thank you. I have replied to your message.

Debbie

qk838
Popular Poster

Dec 18: More back and forth via PM. Late on Dec 18, it was said that an Openreach engineering visit to both outside and inside the home was required. This is probably the same engineer that the very first engineer, who came on Dec 7, said we needed. It is also the engineer we were told was not required on Dec 14. Let me remind anyone following this Greek saga of the chat I had with support on Dec 14:

RICOJACOB:

Modem not in sync because DSL port at DSLAM is deactivated. Checked In EMS and the Port was Deactivated. Reactivated the port and Ran In Life Fault Test. Test passed with Outcome Modem is out of sync and fault is not within  the home environment. An External Engineer will be Working on this job i.e MFL of CA. ************Customer Milestone End ******************

I have zero expectation that this next visit will move us any closer to a solution.

Community Team

Hi qk838

The engineer visit has been arranged for Friday 21st AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

qk838
Popular Poster

Debbie - 

The OR engineer fixed the problem.

I was told previously via chat that I would receive a discount on my bill to reflect the fact that I had no internet between Dec 4 and Dec 21. This has not been reflected in the bill. Can you please provide assurance that I will receive this credit on my next bill?

Community Team

Hi qk838,

Glad to hear the engineer has resolved the issue, apologies for any inconvenience 

If you have any queries about your bill could you raise this in the Billing section and we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Chris

qk838
Popular Poster

I am still getting calls from the tech support dept trying to assist me with my "problem." Given I have no outstanding issues at present, which is confirmed when I log into the main TT website and it conducts a check for outstanding issues, perhaps you could explain why I am getting these calls?

Your support might be better if you focused on serving customers who have existing problems versus those who had problems a month ago.

Community Team

Hi qk838

The fault ticket has closed so you should not receive any further calls. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie