Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No internet

15 REPLIES 15
Lou310781
Chatterbox

I have just moved house and I have no internet connection. It was fine prior to moving, but now I have nothing. The 'technical department ' suggested that it might be my items are faulty.  So my 4 TV's, 3 PCs, 3 phones,2 Now TV boxes and 2 Amazon Fire sticks are all now faulty? Sure.

Plus it has taken 3 hours of being passed between people to get nowhere. Not very happy. 

My phone says 'broadband service not enabled, contact your service provider for activation date', but they say it is activated.

Lou.W
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Lou310781 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Lou310781
Chatterbox
It would be nice to get the service I pay for. If not then I may as well take my custom elsewhere. I have been with other providers before and they had very good customer support. They acted quickly, unlike TalkTalk. As I say, 3 hours of dialogue, going back and forth between departments is not very helpful. Especially when they say I wont have to give all the same information again, but I then do. The best bit was when I said I had no internet, then being asked if I was contacting them on my phones 4g or the wifi.
Lou.W
KeithFrench
Community Star

TalkTalk will not respond until Monday, because when I passed it over to them, they had finished work for the day & do not work at weekends. If you have not heard from them by say 12 noon on Monday, let me know & I will chase them for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Lou310781
Chatterbox

TalkTalk do not work weekends. Love that. Just like my internet connection then. Not the greatest customer service in the world, possibly the worst.

Lou.W
KeithFrench
Community Star

Please try reading my original post. It is only the OCEs who provide support via this forum that do not work over the weekend. I did say that there are other ways to contact TalkTalk during this time.

Keith

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lou310781

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Lou310781
Chatterbox

My profile is now updated, thanks.

Lou.W
Community Team

Hi Lou310781

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Lou310781
Chatterbox

My Talktalk phone number has been added. I left it out originally,  as I dont use a landline, thanks.

Lou.W
Community Team

Hi Lou310781,

I've asked our network team to look into this. I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Do you have a telephone that you can test with, just to check if you have a dial tone?

Chris

Lou310781
Chatterbox

Sorry I dont have a phone to plug in. My Now TV says wifi but no broadband. My mobile says Broadband service not enabled, contact service provider. I can connect straight to my parents with no problem, as I could to ours, before we moved.

Lou.W
Community Team

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I get an update from our network team

Chris

Community Team

Hi Lou310781,

Our network team have asked if you can switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

Lou310781
Chatterbox

Ok, thankyou. I am at work at the moment, but I will do that when I get home.

Lou.W
Community Team