cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No landline, no broadband and no help from Talktalk support...

6 REPLIES 6
markellis8
Popular Poster

My story so far:

On Saturday I lost broadband and landline access but due to non availability of Chat and long helpline wait times was unable to log problem until Sunday. After multiple text communications with Talktalk support on Sunday I was told that they needed to pass the problem to Openreach "who would fix within 72 working hours".  On Wed evening (after zero communication from Talktalk support) I called the helpline (long wait on hold again) only to be told there was no update and I'd need to call back the next day. I pushed back saying I wanted to speak to a manager which seemed to trigger the support rep to do some more digging. After another long wait they told me Openreach didn't recognise their internal reference for my ticket/problem, then after another long wait said I could expect an update on Monday - that's 9 days just to get an "update" not necessarily a fix..

I then did get to speak to a manager but went round in circles trying to convince him to trigger some sort of escalation/investigation into why my problem was taking so long to fix and why I'd had no updates from them, but it fell on deaf ears..

I am completely exasperated!  I work from home and have now used all my mobile data allowance on a hotspot. But most frustrating of all is the lack of communication and the passive (or dare I say non caring) attitude of Talktalk support and ultimately not knowing if/when my problem will be fixed.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Can I speak to someone in the UK rather than an overseas call center? Any advice would be much appreciated.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi markellis8

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The notes advise that an Openreach engineer is scheduled for today - 08/11/2019 AM

Please let us know if you have not heard from the engineer by 1pm.

Thanks

Debbie

markellis8
Popular Poster

No communication from Openreach yesterday. Day 7 of no landline/broadband...

markellis8
Popular Poster

Thanks Keith. An OCE did msg me yesterday to say an Openreach engineer was booked for Friday. It was the first time that Talktalk has contacted me since I logged the problem on Sunday so thank you for that. I then got a txt this morning (Sat) to say service was fixed...but it’s not...

markellis8
Popular Poster

Just had a txt to say service is fixed. But it’s not....

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi markellis8

Apologies for the delay.

Have Openreach been in contact since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie