cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sevice after go live date

Garfy1990
Team Player

The internet keeps cutting out at random points also, happened 3 times since Thursday. The "internet" light on the router goes red and turns go green again for 5 minutes no explanation for it, everything is set up correctly.
Who is responsible for regulating the service talktalk provide?

Community Team

Hi Gareth

Apologies for this.

Is the replacement router connected at the test socket? Please can you also add an alternative contact number to your Community Profile, I can then raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player
It is connected to the master socket as per the instructions given with the router, the connection is still variable goes from 45mbs down to 5mbs without any explanation
Community Team

Hi Gareth

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player
If you explain what/ where the test socket is? The instructions with the router said plug it into the master socket, no mention of this test socket
Community Team

Hi Gareth

Apologies, this help page will provide further information

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player
Ok, i'll get that done. How long should I leave it connected to the test socket to see it is working?
Also, why does the router not come with the information to use the test socket??
Community Team

Hi Garfy1990,

Thanks. Would it be possible to keep the router connected to the test socket for 48hrs to see if DLM starts to increase the sync speed? The test socket is used to help eliminate any potential issues with the internal wiring before a fault is passed to our Network Team or BTOR for investigation.

Thanks

Garfy1990
Team Player
Will do, i'll connect it later today and see. From what you can see what speeds should I be expecting to get?
Community Team

Hi Garfy1990,

Your predicted sync speed range 44Mbps - 65Mbps - throughput speeds are usually above 70% of sync speed, generally around 80%

Chris

Garfy1990
Team Player
Thanks for that, quick question though if I should expect 70-80 % of 44mbs as the min ( roughly (30-35mbs) why is my supposedly guaranteed speed 39.5mbs shown on my confirmation letter??
Seems like a bit of a con, no?
ferguson
Community Star

The guaranteed speed relates to the sync rate at your router, as simple as that. If the throughput is considerably lower then it points to internal issues within your home, or possibly with the router.

Garfy1990
Team Player
Plugged it into the test socket as requested, first speed test 20mbs.... So something is clearly wrong
Community Team

Hi Garfy1990 

Your line is showing in sync at 50.2mb.

Please can you try powering down your router for a full 30 minutes and then running a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player

Done that and speeds are still erratic and at random times we keep loosing connection to the wifi, the internet light on the router goes red and we are promted to sign into the network but nothing happens then it randomly fixes itself after 5 minutes.

Garfy1990
Team Player
The router lost connection yesterday and today again. All the lights turn off then they take a while to come back on, the internet light stays red for 5 minutes then goes green and it works again
We are still plugged into the test socket
Community Team

Hi Garfy1990 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats and I can see the re connections on the line.

Please can you add an alternative contact number to your Community Profile, I can then raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player

That's me updated my contact number.
The router seems to also be resetting on a daily basis, is this something to do with it be connected to the test socket?
Should I connect it to the regular socket now instead?

Also, our ping has been gradually increasing it has gone from 15 to 39. What is the reason for this and how can it be fixed? 

Community Team

Hi Garfy1990

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Please can you leave the router at the test socket whilst our Network Team are investigating this fault. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Garfy1990
Team Player
Will do. Any idea why the router keep resetting itself and how long it will take for them to investigate?
We keep loosing service and it us very frustrating considering talktalk are still charging us for the service which we are not receiving