Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not Receiving full speed

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

Hello,

I've been with talk talk for near a month, I've had two engineer visits and have tried contacting online several times with the issue of my broadband speed only reaching 30/40 Mbps as opposed to 70/80mbps as promised.

Can anyone help with resolving this as I don't wish to be paying for speeds I'm not actually getting?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Adam

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. What did the previous Openreach engineers advise?

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then connect your router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

First Timer
Hello,

The first engineer changed the faceplate at the socket, done some testing and managed to get it to 80mbps but that dropped again soon after, the second engineer changed the faceplate again and done some testing and no difference was made, both mentioned a possible faulty router however it was brand new and only a few days old,

I have tried turning off and on for 30 mins before with no success, I have attempted this again and no difference is made, I'm still only getting 35mbps,

Is there anything else that can be done to achieve the promised speeds?

Regards

Adam
First Timer

Hello,

Could anyone please pick this up? I raised my issues with talktalk a month ago when I went live and getting anything done about it was as slow then as it is now, I don't wish to be paying for what is not promised, especially when not much has been done to resolve this, I understand things will be slow with the current circumstances, but two engineer visits that contradict each other and no more interest in resolving this can be frustrating, is there anything else I can do my end to eventually rule out what can be ruled out?

Thanks in advance

Adam