Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not getting Fibre Speed Boost benefit

10 REPLIES 10
sgilks123
Conversation Starter

I've recently renewed my Talk Talk Faster Fibre Broadband contract including Fibre Speed Boost which is all showing correctly on my TT dashboard, however when I check my router the sync speed is 49.8Mbps down / 4.1Mbps up.

The user experience and speed test results are ok for that sync speed but I was told I should expect 69Mbps and would get a minimum of 57.1Mbps.

I tried using online chat but was disconnected part way through so hoping someone from the OCE team can help.

Thanks

Stuart

Community Team

Hi Stuart,

I'm really sorry. I'm not seeing the same figures for the minimum speed, 57.1 is actually showing as the maximum throughput speed. 

You could try connecting your router to your test socket socket (if you have one) to see if the speed improves.

(we can also remove the speed boost if you don't feel that the additional speed is worth the cost)

Thanks
Chris

sgilks123
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the quick investigation Chris.

Can you please advise what would the link speed be without Faster Fibre Speed Boost as the current numbers are more in line with the non speed-boosted service (av 36Mbps) rather than Speed Boosted (av 63Mbps).

Thanks

Stuart

Community Team

Hi Stuart,

As your currently sync speed is higher than 40Mbps then removing the boost should just drop the sync speed to 40Mbps. Throughput speeds are generally around 80% of sync speed

Chris

sgilks123
Conversation Starter

Thanks - it hardly looks worth having the speed boost so can that be removed please.

Community Team

No problem, just need to confirm some details with you so I've sent you a PM

Thanks
Chris

Community Team

Hi Stuart,

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your password
  • If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • email address

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Chris

sgilks123
Conversation Starter

Thanks - PM sent with details as requested.

Regards

Stuart

Community Team

Hi Stuart,

Just letting you know that I've now removed the faster fibre speed boost

Chris

sgilks123
Conversation Starter

Thanks - I'll keep an eye on sync speed but I expect that will be fine.

R

Stuart

Community Team

Hi Stuart

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie