cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not getting expected speeds. Or minimum speed.

44 REPLIES 44
NathOnline
Team Player

Hello I recently signed up to Talk Talk and got swapped over today from Sky and have connected up the new router I received. 
I was getting 32mb download with Sky and about 6.5/7mb download. 
I have set the router up and I am only just getting over 21mbs download and about 6mbs upload. 
I've had problems trying to change from sky to a different provider until a few weeks back when I could finally change. 
I signed up for faster fibre with speed boost which should have been 28mb - 43mb download. But says my minimum guaranteed speed was 25mb download. 
I've gone through the router and not sure if its capped. It gives me my current speed and my max speed being 25mbs download. I hope this changes overnight other wise will have to phone and change back as I'm about 12 mb worse off. Any advice. Thanks. 

I have checked this morning and still the same speed of about 21mb download. This is not atall good enough. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

SmartSelect_20190123-074221_Email.jpg

This is what was expected when I first signed. Up I kind of expected to receive atleast 32mb download the same as my sky internet. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Screenshot_20190123-073901_Chrome.jpg

I've checked me account and now the speeds I signed up for have magically changed to something different. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

SmartSelect_20190123-074845_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20190123-074911_Gallery.jpg

These are the speeds tests I ran this morning 

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

There you go. Thanks. 

I've turned my router off for the 30minutes reboot. As suggested to other people. Going to switch it back on now. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Screenshot_20190123-090202_Speedtest.jpg

There has been no change since the reboot 

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player
I've seen everyone else carry out these tests to no avail. I dont really see the point. My sky q router was connected to the same socket being my master socket and I was getting a constant 31/32 download and 6.5 upload. I dont use my landline to make any phone calls whatsoever. Ive had no BT Openreach ENGINEER or Tall Talk ENGINEER come out to set any thing up it was all done at the cabinet or probably a click of a button. So my line has probably not been affected. It must be talk talk capping there lines. So there must be a different solution. If nothing can be done without me having to mess around I'll be phoning another supplier and having a full refund from your selves for breach of contract and not even meeting the minimum speed expected. (No doubt you'll boost the line now just to take it above the minimum speed which will in my eyes be very shady)
I'll check the test socket now. But that's all. Thank you.
Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Screenshot_20190123-093619_Speedtest.jpg

15482362474053932575047922737545.jpg

Connected to the test socket zero difference. 

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline

We would need to confirm if you are experiencing any issues with your landline service as this can affect the broadband connection.

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes so you can check the line for any noise?

Thanks

Debbie

NathOnline
Team Player

As stated before I dont use the voice part of my landline. I will try and get a phone to borrow today. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Screenshot_20190123-205525_Speedtest.jpg

Right I have just checked my internet wifi speed again tonight. And we are getting this me and my wife have our mobiles connected to the wifi and using them for browsing. This is really bad. Considering I used to get 31mb constant download speed with sky. I expected even more then this as I have the fibre boost aswell. 

If I cannot get this I will be cancelling asap as I dont want to pay talk talk any money for internet which breaches our contract. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

To carry on from this my house is semi detached and my adjoined next door neighbour also has talk talk they dont have fibre boost but they seem to be getting this they have the older style DSL router. Still nowhere near what I was getting before.Screenshot_20190123-204615_Speedtest.jpg

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

And then the next thing is I used there landline phone on my line in the test socket and I have no dial tone. 

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

Thanks for testing this. I've passed this over to our Network Team now for investigation. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

Ok

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

Thanks. As a voice fault can affect the broadband speed and stability then the broadband speed should also improve once the no dial tone fault has been resolved.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

I've now received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to BTOR for further investigation.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

Ok thank you for letting me know. 

Nath