cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not getting expected speeds. Or minimum speed.

NathOnline
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle 

Hello is there an update?

Thanks

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Bump

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Bump

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

I'm sorry for the delay. There are no updates as yet. Once the fault has been raised to BTOR for investigation it can take between 48-72hr before we receive an update back.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

Screenshot_20190125-173821_Speedtest.jpgSpeed is still poor...

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Bump

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Also received my first bill today apparently your going to take 28 pounds out of my bank at the start of February. 1. I said I dont want to pay anything until the speed quoted in our contract with each other is reached. As it breaches our contract. And 2. I signed up to pay 26 pounds a month.

And 3. It's only been 'live's since the 22nd of January. And hasn't even worked properly. So why am I even paying 28

If I dont get a resolution by Monday I will be cancelling 

Nath
hosay299
Insightful One

@NathOnline u say been live from the 22 jan which is not log for a fault to be fixed u can not see that talktalk have to ask other compaines to do checkes 

I would wait and see as u have to also understand most compaines do not work weekends so things are done office hours as well..

Also to note doing speed test on wifi and with other devices on the wifi will show slower speeds 

the fibre also takes 10 days to stable speed that is with out any power offs and discountions and any 30mins time off for restart.

the team on here will help just takes a bite longer but u get the best help from tt on here.

As it has only been 3 working days on the fibre side with speed boost and sometimes speed boost takes some time to kick in and sometimes the team on here have to activate it for some users

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
NathOnline
Team Player

Dont really understand your message to be honest. 

I paid to have fibre broadband supplied by Talk Talk and they cant even supply me with the minimum internet speed quoted on the contract I signed up too. I didnt have any issues before with my previous supplier and when it was installed I was receiving the quoted speeds on set up. I just wanted to save money and switch. So i dont see why i should settle for less internet then before especially when i have the fibre speed boost included. 

And no I dont see why I should have to wait I only have 14 days from connection to decide to cancel which I will most likely have to do. And dont understand why I should be paying until my internet is corrected. Otherwise I'll be paying for something which doesnt even comply to the contract I've signed up to with Talk Talk. It's simple really. 

And if you think Talk Talk are the best out there have you not seen this forum. Its full of people who have problems with there recently installed fibre. 

Nath
NathOnline
Team Player

Umm. Bump

Nath
hosay299
Insightful One

@NathOnline it can take a day or two to get a reply from OCE

If u wait and see as only being on a isp for a few days can not get the required speed that quickly 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Dooners
First Timer

I have the same problem! Said I'd be getting download speeds of between 39 and 40 mps and so far my max is 21mbs and 7 upload! I went live 25th Jan so I'm gonna giv it a few days, but if it doesn't improve il hav to cancel as my last bt fibre speed was 58 mps and 18 upload 

???
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

I'm sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm if you're still experiencing no dial tone at the moment and I'll request an update from our Network Team straight away?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Dooners,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

No it's not working. I phoned last night to cancel but was told you will send an engineer on Friday if that doesnt work then I will have to cancel

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

NathOnline
Team Player

Hello I have had no call or anything to let me know if they are coming today. Could someone find out thanks

Nath
Community Team

Hi NathOnline

I'm checking this with our Network Team now and I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi NathOnline

Our Network Team have advised that an engineer has been booked for today but has not been dispatched just yet.

Thanks

Debbie

NathOnline
Team Player

Hello @OCE_Michelle I was booked in between 8-13.00 I've still had no call or anything  Could you please look into this again thanks

Nath