cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not getting upgraded Fibre speed that I am paying for.

11 REPLIES 11
leungfx4Ta
First Timer

When my contract was expiring In February 2021 I was offered a upgrade from the fibre speed I had 9approx 33mb) to faster fibre (approx. 60mb)

Now my contract has been renewed my fibre speed is still at 33mb.

How can I get hold of anyone in TalkTalk to fix this?

It seems impossible to get hold of their support.

BTW I have tried switching off my router for 30 minutes but that did not help.

Thanks

Frank

Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @leungfx4Ta,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speeds ?.

Can you check the sync speed of your router to see if it is within those estimated speeds.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

leungfx4Ta
First Timer

Hi

I have checked that and the service centre says 38mb and my router says 39806 kbs so the same.

Does that mean  I am never going to get more than 38mb?

I have updated my profile so hopefully some one may be in touch.

Frank

stu123
Team Player

Was this resolved as I've posted the same problem with no reply.

Stay cool
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @leungfx4Ta,

If the upgrade has actually happened and the service centre still says your estimated speed is 38mbps then that may indicate your phone line is not capable of speeds faster than that.

However if that was the case TalkTalk should not have made Fibre 65 available to you.

If you search for your address on this site then the VDSL rows at the top of the results will tell you what speeds BT think your phone line could achieve, does this site show you numbers of much over 40, or are the numbers shown on this site just as low ?

If you were getting 33mbps on your old connection that may well imply that is the best your phone line can do, as the old service you were on would have allowed speeds of up to 40mbps if your phone line was capable of that speed.

stu123
Team Player

It says down line rate 71mb high to 49mb low but my router says 39mb

Stay cool
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @stu123,

The staff will not be able to assist you in this topic as it was created by a different customer, I believe you have started your own topic for your issue, the staff will be able to help you in that topic.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Frank,

Could you please check the telephone number that you've entered in your community profile and confirm that it's your current TalkTalk landline telephone number 

Thanks

Chris

leungfx4Ta
First Timer

Chris

I can't see where to put my phone number

My original user id was leungfx4T but as I hadn't used the service for a while, when I tried it said my password was incorrect but espite saying it would send me a rest password email, I never received even after trying a couple of times.

So I created leungfx4Ta.

Is it possible to fix this so I can use my original user name and send a reset password email?

Or is there a phone number I can call customer services.

I have discovered that not only have TalkTalk not rolled me onto a new 18 month contract, they have allowed me to roll onto a non discounted contract at a much higher price. This is despite my asking them to move me onto the 18 month contract

Thanks

Frank

leungfx4Ta
First Timer

Chris

Just found out how to do it and have entered mu home phone line number

Regards

Frank

OCE_Chris

Hi Frank,

Thanks for updating your profile. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

OCE_Chris

Hi Frank,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM

Thanks

Chris