Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving minimum speed

11 REPLIES 11
allrounder55
Team Player

Well nothing has been done correctly since moving to my new address. Its that bad ive requested a deadlock letter. First your ceo case manager says for all the inconvenience ive had and all the trouble that talktalk has caused as a good will gesture i will receive £100.00. Now i receive an email saying my refund has been rejected. Now im pretty patient when it comes to problems , but ive had enough of this now, this ridiculous situation has been going on since the 13th of june, thats when a bt open reach engineer was supposed to turn up to install my new line. But never did. Due to the imcompetence of a member of staff from talktalks home moving team it was never booked in. This was the start, since then a bt open reach engineer finally arrived on the 24th of june. Saying there was a problem with the line basically im not getting the minimum speed of 27 mps, this is ongoing with bt open reach. Now from the 13th of june to the 24th of june i had no service what so ever, so i had to tether my mobile from my other mobile network provider. So i incurred additional data charges, this was one of the reasons for the refund. So it looks like were never goint to get sorted here so ive contacted the case manager and emailed talktalk for a deadlock letter, youve had plenty opportunities within the time period to sort things out, and to be fair its a mess, so ill be contacting c i s a s once ive received my deadlock letter. Im sick of the excuses even your live chat doesnt work, just to let people know the daily telegraph stated "talktalk have the worst score for customer service compared to other isps". sorry for the lengthy post but enough is enough.

Community Team

Hi allrounder55

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Are you still in contact with the Complaints Manager from our CEO's Office?

Thanks

Debbie

allrounder55
Team Player

Hello, yes she tried to find out if my account had a cease order on it. My broadband doesnt work at all now, ive rang customer services and they dont seem to know whats going on. I cant carry on like this since the 24 th of june i had broadband at 14.7 mps, the bt open reach engineer came on monday on the 15th of july. Managed to get my connection working at 36.7mps with no issues, it worked for 20 minutes, then it disconnected and has never worked since, I rang him back he explained theres seems to be a cease order on my account. That explains why its not working but why has my account got a cease order on it no one seems to know why ? If this isnt resolved in the next few days ill have to go to another provider. My service hasnt been live now for over 3 weeks 

ferguson
Community Star

Did you ask for your order to be cancelled in light of the issues you had, that would explain the cease order? And if you are dealing with the matter at CEO level then sadly there is nothing that the support team here can do to intervene.

allrounder55
Team Player

Do you honestly think id request to cancel my order ? thats a very desperate answer your clutching at straws, your customer service team doesnt seem to have any idea whats happened even your case manager doesnt seem to know. Ill give it 2 more days if this service isnt live by then im leaving and going with another provider. To be honest it cant be any worse going with someone else than what ive experienced recently with talktalk. Im at the end of my patience with this, im tethering my phone yet again totally ridiculous more than 3 weeks with no live service. Im sick of the apologies, excuses, all i want is a service that actually works. If i didnt go to the ceo case manager do you think you could resolve this?

allrounder55
Team Player

ive had an update this is why ive no service , The order by bt open reach has been cancelled as there needs to be more additional to be work carried out. The order is now split on to 2 parts the next review date is the 23rd of july, ive been offered £30.00 for compensation towards the cost of a dongle, the line at my new address was disconnected, so this work needs to be carried out. 

allrounder55
Team Player

So will have to wait, even if i did cancel id be in the same senario, this isnt talk talks fault its the previous occupier who had the line disconnected thats caused the problems. I apologise for getting bad tempered will just have to wait.

ferguson
Community Star

Apologies, I was genuinely asking a question, not positing an answer.

allrounder55
Team Player

Apology not needed ferguson, at least i now know why theres this problem. It seems to be when they tried to activate the fibre, it did work for 20 minutes then disconnected, previous to that i was getting 14.7 mps which was adequate, ive just emailed the ceo case manager asking if the connection could be reverted whilst we are waiting for the bt open reach work to be carried out. As that worked fine.

Community Team

Hi allrounder55

As you have an open complaint we will be unable to look into this further via the Community. The Complaints Manager will fully investigate this.

Thanks

Debbie

allrounder55
Team Player

Hello, ive closed the open complaint as this isnt a talktalk issue. BT Open reach will be carrying out additional work on my line, so the fibre order had to be cancelled. I am receiving an update from BT on the 27th of this month.

Regards.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I'm sorry to hear the fibre order had to be cancelled and hopefully BT Openreach can put things right on the 27th.

Thanks

Karl.