Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not recieved Amazon code

40 REPLIES 40
Roadmender
First Timer

Having signed up to fibre broadband with the offer of 12 months Amazon Prime.

I've been waiting for my code, the web site says Eligible customers during the offer will have received an email within 7 days of your broadband going live. The email included instructions of how to redeem your year of Amazon Prime and will have come from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com.

I went live on the 11th so by y reckoning I should have received it on the !8th, so on the 20th I rang the number recommended on the web page and was told NO its 7 working days, which takes me to the 23rd, here we are the 24th nothing. Whats going on?

Roadmender
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Roadmender 

About the Amazon Prime offer tells you about eligible customers receiving an Amazon Prime Membership Voucher within 7 days and what to do if you don't receive the code.

The offer was from 8th November until 5th December, "TalkTalk is offering the best value fibre and TV deal on the market - reliable Faster Fibre Broadband with TalkTalk TV plus a year of Amazon Prime all for less than £26 a month. Savvy shoppers will have to be quick, as there’s a limited number of Amazon Prime codes available – and once the codes are gone, they’re gone!"

The key thing is that customers must have ordered the Fibre broadband with TalkTalk TV. 

But you said you were having problems with your email address in this thread. You didn't seem to know which email address you'd used to register with Community. Did you get that sorted?  

Maybe, if your fibre with TalkTalk TV purchase was eligible, your Amazon Prime code has been sent to another of your email addreses?

In the earlier thread I asked you to kindly update your Community profile. To help you, the TalkTalk team will need to identify your TalkTalk service details so please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es) with any relevant other notes and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Roadmender
First Timer

Thanks for reply; I did know the conditions for the offer. when I signed up the offer was still on (28th Nov) as said TT's web page on it says I would receive code 7days after going live (11th Dec) which makes it the 18th Dec, I rang up on the 20th Dec, as per web page advice and was told its 7 working days Hmmm! that makes it the 20th Dec !!!! told to wait, note the dates ! so far nothing. ☹️ 😪

Re the problem with e-mails, I used the one I get my bill through, which is still coming. Plus the confirmation for the order, so no probs there. Its undoubtedly TT's system.

Could someone help as we were looking forward to it for Christmas which has now passed. ☹️

Roadmender
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Roadmender 

Your sign up on 28 November was within the published offer period so if you signed up for Fibre and TalkTalk TV and haven't changed the MyAccount login email address, that is working ok, then that's where the Amazon code will be sent.

The offer help page says "If you haven't received your Amazon Prime code, in the first instance please check your spam or junk folder, and check any other email addresses that may be associated with your account. If you still can’t find this email, don’t worry - please give us a call on 0345 172 0088 and we’ll make sure your code gets to you"

Our Christmas opening hours gives the availability of the Customer Service number. What did the TalkTalk customer service agent say or have you not made a follow up call?  Some of the TalkTalk UK team that support us here will be picking up cases on 27 December and from 30 December up to the new year holiday.

Thanks for updating your Community profile as that's needed by the TalkTalk team to locate your account details.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ferguson
Community Star

Can I make a suggestion if you're missing out? If you have an Amazon account already there is often the option to sign up for a 30 day free trial for Prime. And if you don't then you should get that on sign up. You can cancel within those 30 days without obligation, at least this will give you access until hopefully this is sorted out by TalkTalk. 

Roadmender
First Timer

Thanks for reply; I had read all information previously thanks.

As said I rang the number supplied on the web page and got contradictory information, your web page says 7 days to receive the code but TT operative said its 7 working days !!!!! 🙄

They said I'd receive code on due date which I haven't. Hence trying for help here.

I'll ring tomorrow but don't expect to get anywhere. ☹️

Roadmender
Roadmender
First Timer

manage to call TT today at 14:45 conversation finished at 15:44.

First off they put me through to the tech department, who knew absolutely skiddley doo what to do, got e accessing the Amazon site, I asked repeatedly if they knew what they were doing, after 30 minutes they gave up and transferred e to customer services, who went through everything again ! then told me I would receive the e-ail in 7 days, making it 21 days late that's if it arrives ! 😋

After complaining about this I was put on to a patronizing manager. I asked if the e-mail could be sent today, no was the answer. I said I would put my experiences on the community site and face book so people would know what problems they may face. he said he would expect that, ha ha ha, so I said the only thing I can do in protest is remove all my boosts, he said the same again. What a nice chappy !!!!!! 🤡

So if anyone has a problem TT could not give a dot and that's putting it politely. 😃

I'll be back if and when I get the code.

Roadmender
Roadmender
First Timer

Hi to all, I have received the Amazon code today 😁

Not in 7 days as originally told by the manager, although I'm grateful, do TT in fact know their arm from their elbow?

Lastly the manager did confirm the web site was correct in saying 7 days NOT 7 working days as quoted by their far away operative.

Happy New Year and Best wishes to all if the have to contact TT in 2020.😂 😲

😁😁😁

Roadmender
Community Team

Hi Roadmender

Apologies for the delay.

I'm glad to hear that you have now received the code. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

butler1867
First Timer

Hi 

I am in a same situation, went live on the 23rd dec and was expecting the code by the 30th, I spoke to someone on the 31st, who said he would email a form in two minutes and the claim would go through in 24hrs. Low and behold two hrs later no email. So I went onto live chat and spoke to someone else who said that’s not how it works and they would have to escalate it but then that could take up to 30 days to receive my code. The mixed messages is not very good customer service, at least this time, I have a transcript of the conservation, so if in 30 days time the code hasn’t come , I can raise a complaint I guess. No point in offering something if they can’t fulfil on time or not at all, I reckon there must be other users in the same situation. See what occurs 

cheers 

Roadmender
First Timer

Hi Butler. Thanks for message, its difficult dealing with TT when something goes wrong. I would not wait the 30 days that's unacceptable. Whether by online chat or telephone I would ask for customer services and in the end ask for the manager and put in a formal complaint, as I did, this I did and amazingly the code arrived next day. I will as threatened remove some of my boosts.

Unfortunately TT has one of the worst customer services in the industry. This I believe is due to the ineptitude of the overseas operatives, fortunately there is some good people helping on this forum.

Good luck.

Roadmender
Community Team

@butler1867

I have escalated the issue  to the relevant team, so they can send the code ASAP. 

Regards

butler1867
First Timer
Thank you for your reply , hopefully it will be sorted sooner than originally stated

Cheers

Butler1867
butler1867
First Timer
Thank you for your quick reply , I will keep you updated on what happens,

Cheers

Butler1867
arthurzee
Repeat Guest

How did you actually redeem the code? 

I finally have it but don't know where to go from here.

Community Team

Hi @arthurzee

You need to go to the Amazon website register, then enter the code,  then when you go onto the TalkTalk TV box and open Amazon app you will be asked for the username and password you created when you registered. 

Hope that helps

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Arne I called TalkTalk twice this afternoon, asking specifically where I supposed to be going in order to actually redeem the code.

One customer services rep told me to just sign up to PRIME and I will see it, I did and they took the payment from the card - there was NO option to enter the code anywhere. 

I also contacted Amazon, they told me that it's TalkTalk, who needs to provide the right link. 

I found another link "Redeemprime", but when I tried the code that I got over the phone, the code turned out incorrect. 

I am starting to pull my hair out. I supposed to have it on 26th December (7 days after my service going live), 3 calls and 1 livechat later, still nothing. 

ferguson
Community Star

The code is for Amazon Prime. So you need to sign up there first.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/prime/promo/landing

Having done that you can then use your Amazon membership details to activate Prime Video on other devices.

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

I tried that, but getting this message:

An error occurred during code redemption

This promo code is not valid. Contact your promo code provider for further information.