cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not recieved Amazon code

Community Team

The promo code provider is actually Amazon, we simply pass on the code, have you spoken to Amazon help?

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

Talked in what way? 

Asking them why my code isn't working?

I got the code over the phone from TalkTalk, they didn't even send me an email. 

gasbag65
First Timer

. On the 28th November 2019 I upgraded to Fibre as part of the offer which included a year of Amazon Prime. The confirmation e mail on that day confirmed that the Prime One Year membership was included as part of the contract. The router arrived on the 9th and connection was made to Fibre. 7 days later - no e mail with a code. I got a contact with customer services with Melanie who tried to fob me off by saying the offer had ended. She said I would receive a code within 24 hours. No code materialised. Back onto the chat help. After a protracted exchange I was promised a code by the 23rd, a date too late for Christmas presents.We were away for Christmas. When I returned on the 31st still no code.

We have been Talk Talk customers since before they took over Tiscali. This is the second time I have had a complaint. Last time I was so frustrated I wrote directly to the then Chief Executive Ms Harding. Her PA eventually resolved that one.

On the 1st January I wrote to the Head of Customer Services in Salford with the details. To date there is no response. Talk Talk have failed to meet their contractual obligations. They should know from the previous experience that I do not give up. Unless I receive a response soon legal action will follow. 

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

How would you initiate the legal action? 

We used to be with TalkTalk, up until 2 years ago, then we went to Vodafone and now we are back, since they offered 1 year PRIME for free. 

I am also still waiting for my code. The service went live on 19th December, and despite promises, the code has never arrived. 

I am waiting till Monday and then will cancel my direct debit as this is a clear breach of their contractual obligation. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi arthurzee 

The last thing I would do is cease the Direct Debit for your broadband service because you're then having to deal with a computer that will automatically step in to apply penalty charges etc.

Amazon Prime offer tells you what to do if your code has not arrived.  If you've talked to the TalkTalk customer service team and they've agreed your order is valid then they will arrange for your code to be sent to you.

Do please check your email Inbox and Spam and Trash folders for the email address you use for your MyAccount sign in and or the email address you gave when ordering.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@Gondola I am not sure whether you are working for TalkTalk, I hope that you are.

Please DO check my account, you will see that I have already contacted customer services about this 3-4 times! 

It's absolutely shocking that this process isn't automated. People are wasting hours of their lives because somebody at TalkTalk, yet again, is incompetent. 

The guy I talked to on Thursday has actually "Guaranteed" - his exact words (I am sure these calls are recorded), that I will get the code on Friday - guess what? It did not happen. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @arthurzee 

Nope, a Community volunteer just here on a thankless task helping members to get on a smooth journey without falling into potholes. 

I cannot see any of your TalkTalk or Community details so I can only go on what you post here in public. But please don't post any personal data here.

The Amazon Prime code delivery is within 7 days so if you'd confirmed on Thursday 9 January with Customer Services your email address then I'd say you'll receive the code delivery on or before Friday 17 January.

I have no way to know the circumstances of the order and subsequent conversations and why the order has seemingly failed. But OCE_Arne will be able to investigate and access your details from Monday to check on what's happening. 

I just stepped up when I saw the 'Direct Debit' pothole looming!

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@Gondola @OCE_Arne 

Thanks for your help so far.

My service has gone LIVE on 19th December. So I should have received my code on 26th December already. I then contacted the team and was told that by 9th January I should definitely have it. 

When I rang on 9th Jan, I was told that "I guarantee that you will have it on 10th" Jan. 

It's been 3 weeks now, hence my frustration. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi arthurzee 

Frustration entirely understandable. 

My best guess, and it is just a guess, is that something went wrong with the order and over the Christmas period the UK team weren't there to sort it. 

I'm positive that Arne will be able to see what's what from Monday onwards and to wait for Arne's advice is the less stressful option.

But if the code does turn up in the meantime then do let us know.

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

Will do for sure. Thank you.

Community Team

@arthurzee

Can you update your community profile so I can investigate further.

Please add your landline number. Also add the code that you have been given to the private notes section so I can try and verify it. 

Thanks

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Arne thanks for the message, I just have. Hopefully you can see it on your end.

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Arne did you manage to check my account, please?

When I called earlier this week, I was assured that because things have been escalated, my issue will get resolved until 16th January. Yet again, TalkTalk missed another deadline. I am amazed how the company keeps on promising something and then not not delivering. 

butler1867
First Timer

Hi

i can understand your frustration, I have had a non delivery of my code escalated via live chat and they have chased up on this forum for me as well, but still no code. I have got another 13 days left out of the 30 originally said to receive my code but at present hearing other people stories I am thinking it may still not arrive. Think then i will be asking for escalation to CEO office.as I understand it’s a 5 day response. Failing that it’s off to the regulator for a mis-selling compliant to go in. Also ask for a deadlock letter and take to an adjudicator. It’s a lot of hassle for just a code they could simply give to you over a phone etc .

hope you get your code

cheers

Butler 1867 

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@butler1867 thanks mate. When I called customer services today, I was told that they are raising another escalation (my first one apparently had to do with the code), this one is different. 

You know what's funny? When I called them on Monday, I actually said to them something along the lines of ....

"So when I call you back on Friday, because I probably won't get anything by then, you will probably raise an escalation of an escalation".... 

And that's exactly what has happened today. 

I am just amazed how any sort of business can function that way. They are failing to do the basics right. 

The most annoying bit is the time that goes into this. They need to start compensating people for this as well. What a bunch of screw ups. 

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Arne did you manage to look into this for me, please?

Community Team

Hi @arthurzee

The amazon Prime code has been added to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Regards

butler1867
First Timer

Hi

atr you are to give me an update of mine please, I know you raised it and I escalated on live chat but I’ve still not heard anything and now worrying  if it will happen at all,

thanks

butler 1867 

arthurzee
Repeat Guest

@OCE_Arne thank you very much for your help. The code worked 🙂

butler1867
First Timer

Hi

OCE_Arne you are to give me an update of mine please, I know you raised it and I escalated on live chat but I’ve still not heard anything and now worrying  if it will happen at all,

thanks

butler 1867