cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OCE DLM Reset / Optimise Connection request

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle  We haven’t been contacted by anyone. A complaint had been opened a few months ago. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83,

I've asked our Network Team if they can take a look at this and also mentioned the REIN comment. I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle Ok thanks for the update

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83,

Our Network Team have advised that they have looked into this and can't see any issues. They also advised that the current sync speed is within the predicted range for the line. Just to confirm, what throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment? When did the last engineer visit who mentioned the possible REIN?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle  it was TT who arranged for an engineer but I it was a good few months ago. The current max speed is 75404 and the sync speed is 63700 that looks banded by the OR DLM with a 6db. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83

Is this the speed you receive when running a speed test?

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle Hi from my last posts the router is connected into the test socket with the latest version of the master socket. The stats above are what the router is reporting. When running a LAN does test is gives about 58mbps. Can you confirm or not if the line is banded? Thanks 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83

The speed and line profiles are monitored and adjusted by DLM.

Your sync speed is showing as 63.2mb. What speed were you receiving before you experienced a fault?

Please can you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes to see if DLM starts making any changes following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle  You are asking standard pasted questions without reading the thread. As per original message the router was connected for over 65 days with no DLM changes. The router was turned off for 30 minutes and this so the current status. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83

I have asked our Network Team to take a look at this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83

Our Network Team have looked at this and have been unable to detect any faults. They have advised that your current speed is within the range for your line.

This also doesn't require a DLM reset as it is already on the correct profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

@stuf83 

Try to post your question here:

https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/board,45.0.html

You can find people with incredible knowledge and always willing to help.

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie @OCE_MichellePlease can you answer the question. Is the profile banded? A simple yes or no will suffice. As my ISP you will be able to have this confirmed by Openreach as a banded profile isn’t a fault and I have never suggested that my line has a faulty. 

If my profile is banded I will never reach the top range stated by BT wholesale.

Thank you. 

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks I will have a look and hopefully get more sense than generic replies 😉
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

You might if the line is reset and that will happen if you move ISP's

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Many of the folk there really do know how FTTC works

Highlighted
Team Player

Yep 🙂 that’s why I am wanting a specific answer to the banding question as will move to Plusnet and pay TT the in contract termination charge. There’s over 10 mbps of a difference between connection and sync speed with a 6db dlm the connection was at 63700 which looks suspicious that it’s banded so will the answer from the OCE to my question if the line is banded and to be honest I just wish the OCE would actually read the thread instead of generic stock replies in order for them to hit their targets of percentage of messages replied to 😞 

Highlighted
Community Star

If the 6dB figure you mention there is your router downstream SNR margin then that is bang on target and you won’t get any faster. For more information on line profiles and banding have a look at Kitz as our friend mentioned earlier.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi stuf83

Our Network Team have confirmed that there are no caps on the line. We do not have any capability to cap speed. DLM monitors the connection and adjusts the speed/profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie I understand from previous discussions that the DLM can band a profile and this is what I wanted to know if my line has been banded by the DLM? either a DLM reset of moving to another provider will reset the line to open. Please can you let me know the status of OR DLM banding? Thanks