Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OK need more speed. G.fast???

5 REPLIES 5
MartynTTHome
Team Player

Good Morning, EE offer 300Mb/s on my line.  Can talktalk do this? if not when please. as ive got a very internet based household. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @MartynTTHome 

This question has been asked before and there doesn't appear to be an advance published list of TalkTalk telephone exchanges sheduled for the upgrade necesssary to support G.fast at the cabinets that Openreach have installed G.fast kit.

Just select the availability checker on the G.Fast page. You may need to clear TalkTalk browser cookies if the page doesn't display.

Just to add that TalkTalk don't offer G.fast straight away for all cabinets although BT Retail and EE (a BT company) are most likely to be ready to offer G.fast ahead of anyone else.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

MartynTTHome
Team Player

Hi just ran the checker on my postcode and address and it just resets and no results shown. tried on 2 browsers and 2 pc's

oh and tried on my phone too.

Looking at the Prices might be worth me going to EE. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi MartynTTHome 

The £28/m price for 160/30 G.fast is nice but the higher speed price starts to sting a bit. How do EE prices compare?

The last locations I had listed for g.Fast readiness from TalkTalk were:

• Bath Kingsmead, Somerset
  • Brighton & Hove
  • Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
  • Cherry Hinton, Cambridgeshire
  • Derby, Derbyshire
  • Donaldson, Edinburgh
  • Gillingham, Kent
  • High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
  • Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
  • Luton, Bedfordshire
  • St. Austell, Cornwall
  • Swansea, Wales

Try calling the G.fast team on 0800 049 2326 (8am-8pm).

MartynTTHome
Team Player

£47
a month.
18 month contract

218-300Mb/s
Fibre Max 2 Broadband

£40
a month.
18 month contract

145-146Mb/s
Fibre Max 1 Broadband

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @MartynTTHome 

Just to say I tried the availability checker for my address and got the expected "not available" message. I then cleared cookies and tried on another post-code and address where g.Fast should be available and I got the same reset result as you did. I conclude the checker is not working as expected.

So do try the telephone number if you're in one of the locations where g.Fast may be available to you.

The EE pricing is better than advertised by TalkTalk for the 330Mbps product (£47 vs £50) but if you can get a TalkTalk offer for the 160Mbps product (£40 vs £28) it's a nice saving from TalkTalk.

Just to add I understand that Openreach are not accepting new orders where the minimum downstream speed cannot support a minimum of 120Mbps.