Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

One android phone connects to network but no internet access

14 REPLIES 14
loady
Conversation Starter

I have my WiFi hub set up and have access via all devices except for one android phone, I also have a repeater set up and can access all areas on everything except with this phone, I have rebooted everything several times and still I get no internet on this handset

baltutis
Whizz Kid

Try reset network settings. Usually under Reset WiFi, mobile & Bluetooth.

loady
Conversation Starter
I assume you mean on the handset ?
FritzCT
Wise Owl

I believe he does. I was about to suggest the same thing.

Fritz

baltutis
Whizz Kid

Yes on handset.

Try find under settings Reset WiFi or Reset Networks

On my one phone:

Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Reset Options -> Reset WiFi, Mobile & Bluetooth

On another phone:

Settings -> About Phone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

When open Settings, try enter RESET into search window.

If not helps Reset networks - backup all data and full phone reset.

loady
Conversation Starter
no joy, didnt work...i dont see why i have to perform a hard reset on my phone to get it to hook up to my hub, i have many android devices connected without issue
FritzCT
Wise Owl

"i dont see why i have to perform a hard reset on my phone to get it to hook up to my hub, i have many android devices connected without issue"

I think the suggestion might be that as it's just one phone that can't connect to the internet it suggests its related to the phone not the router.

I agree a full reset is a bit drastic though.

Have you tried forgetting the network on your phone and then re-joining the network again?

Or try Google's DNS servers on your android phone. I had to do that on a PS4 and an iphone that would get the wifi connection but not get to the internet.

Fritz

loady
Conversation Starter
Yes I tried forget settings, still the same. This phone worked perfectly fine on the previous talktalk router, worth noting, I have a repeater bridge connected to the main router wirelessly, everything can connect to either router except this handset now
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi loady,

Could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest this again please.

Thanks

loady
Conversation Starter
Did the 30min power off and still the same
OCE_Michelle

Hi loady,

I'm sorry to hear this. What is the make and model of the previous router? Do you still have this router to test with?

Thanks

loady
Conversation Starter
It was a dsl3782 and has been returned
OCE_Michelle

Hi loady,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

loady
Conversation Starter
Problem solved. Seems that DHCP was not assigning a correct ip address, my Lan here is not the usual, all other devices got issued correct subnet IP addresses but not this one, I manually set it on the handset and is fine now
OCE_Michelle