Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ongoing Fault not Fixed By Openreach now over 2 months old

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Team Player

So to give some background to this subject:

On the 1st of August i reported a problem with my land line and fibre, i.e both no existent, after the normal run through of line tests, the support people duly booked and engineer to attend the property on the 13th August, an Openreach engineer attended and deduced that the problem was with the incoming line to the house and that he would organise another engineer to attend the following day to carry out a dig.

On the 14th August another Openreach engineer attended the property and dug down outside the property and now deduced that the line from the pavement to the house was damaged and needed to be replaced, he spray painted along my drive verge where they would dig and replace the existing cable and I even signed a consent form, told it would be about 7days to replace. In the meantime he managed to connect a spare core in the existing cable to give limited speed broadband (2mbs) and telephone line.

Fast forward 2 weeks and when no one had attended I contacted the live chat and explained the problem, again they carried out the normal line checks, went through all the back story to be told they cannot contact Openreach directly and were sure it would be carried out shortly.

We this has been the ongoing case for the last month, I phone / contact support they carry out line test after line test, dont read the notes on file to say where is my replacement cable!! Complaint now lodged with Talk Talk and Ofcom, and yet another Openreach engineer deployed on the 26th September to the property to tell me that I need a replacement cable!!

This is now getting beyond a joke you have had nearly 2 months to resolve a repair, when a manager says they will ring back they dont, any mention of compensation is quickly pushed to one side, I have basically been without fibre or very limited that fluctuates between 2-10mbs max for 2 months, I dont want any more line test carried out you know what the problem is, now get it fixed or I want out of the contract, surely I have some rights to terminate after nearly 60 days if problem not resolved.

For the record I have been with you for over 16 years, just goes to show there is no loyalty shown back to your long standing customers

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi vmlopes,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've asked our Network Team for an update now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

Our Network Team have advised that this work has been completed and that an engineer will be attending this morning to resolve the fault. Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi after spending another wasted 45mins on the phone on wednesday and running through the whole sorry state of affairs, the fault is far from fixed.

How can it be fixed if the cable has not been replaced?? Do you people not read what has been written or check the notes on file??

An engineer visited to day, which now makes this the 4th engineer in over 2 months, to be told that the cable needs replacing.............I KNOW IT NEEDS REPLACING!!!

When will it be replaced and normal speeds and reliability be established is the question you need to answer??

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue, it appears to be still in hand with Openreach, I'll check for updates again later today and get back to you

Chris

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

Just letting you know that there have been no further updates, the issue is still in hand with Openreach. If you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Ok so this is where we are, with this diabolical situation that no one seems to be able to organise!!

Engineer visited the property last Thursday, this is now the 5th engineer to visit, and again he told me that I need a cable replacing, phoned up to check when this would happen to be told it would be on this Monday 7th just gone, guess what no one turned up to carry out the repair!!

Another wasted day waiting for TalkTalk to get themselves organised, and now no matter what I do cannot get a response from the text servic to find out whats going on, please dont tell me to phone and go through another 45mins explaining the problem and line checks to be told that I need an engineer to visit.

We are just going round in circles since the 1st August with a simple problem that you seem unable to fix, in the meantime I am paying for a service that I am not receiving constantly missed appointments and countless hours spent on the phone!!

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. I'll find out what's going on and get back to you

Chris

Highlighted

I'm just checking this with our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

Just a quick note to let you know that I'm still waiting for an update on this, I'll check again tomorrow

Chris

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

Is everything OK now? Line tests are passing and I can see that your router is now in sync and connected to the internet

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Openreach replaced the cable on Thursday evening, so surprise surprise its now working properly.

Can you let me know what level of compensation I can expect for over 60days of disruption, a missed house appointment and numerous hours on phonecalls and online support, pleae have someone contact me

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi vmlopes 

About your auto compensation credit covers missed appointments and total loss of service.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that Openreach have repaired this fault.

I can see that Gondola has linked you to our help page.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

So to bump this back, the fault has been resolved as of the 10th October, auto compensation which I was promised would take 30days still not applied, whats going on, have used the text service and they say

""whilst it can take 30 days  to calculate and verify as soon as its complete my account will be credited""

I know that, why has it now taken over 40 days and nothing has been calculated???

Highlighted

Hi vmlopes,

The system actually shows that it's just 30 days now since the case was closed. Could you give it another week and if you don't hear anything please let us know and we can look into it further

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Chris

Have not heard anything back, can you please see whats going on?

Highlighted

Hi @vmlopes

Sorry that this is ongoing.

My only suggestion is to raise a complaint regarding this, our complaints process can be found here

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.